Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok (at the risk of getting flamed) I'm getting very confused. Let me start by saying I did a search and read every post about this subject and I have some questions.
1) I read in one post that if I do a swap from an aristo that it would be better then swaping from a supra
2) If I don't do anything crazy and swap in a stock motor (I've got a running aristo front clip) is this do-able with the labour costing <=5,000
3) I have an auto, will my tranny bolt up to the 2jz-gte
4) what the hell happens with the ecu, do you guys have 2 ecu running? or mix them or what

many thanks

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
uni said:
ok (at the risk of getting flamed) I'm getting very confused. Let me start by saying I did a search and read every post about this subject and I have some questions.
1) I read in one post that if I do a swap from an aristo that it would be better then swaping from a supra
2) If I don't do anything crazy and swap in a stock motor (I've got a running aristo front clip) is this do-able with the labour costing <=5,000
4) what the hell happens with the ecu, do you guys have 2 ecu running? or mix them or what

many thanks
no the supra (us spec 2jzgte would be better if you want more power 600-900 rwhp)

5000 if you want to keep it a 320-350 stock motor with stock turbos maybe.

sure but it wont hold forever..

ah that is the hardest part...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fairuza11 said:
uni said:

many thanks
no the supra (us spec 2jzgte would be better if you want more power 600-900 rwhp)

5000 if you want to keep it a 320-350 stock motor with stock turbos maybe.

sure but it wont hold forever..

ah that is the hardest part...
i heard as far as engine mounts and stuff the aristo is better, not talking power wise

I know the tranny wouldn't hold forever but my plan was todo this in a phased approach, get the engine, get it running and go from there.

·
Registered
231 Posts
as far as the engine mounts, it doesn't matter if you get it from an aristo or supra because you still would have to custom make the motor mounts for the motor to drop into the IS.

as for the ecu, you can do a piggy back sytem or for max performance you can run a stand alone, in the end it just depends on how deep your pockets is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts