1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
You would definitely have to drive around with your lights on. And also, the person doesnt know how to spell recommended. :lol: Even says its SAE/DOT stamped yeah right.
I would wnat him to send me a piece a paper to claim that its DOT/SAE approved for cali use. :lol: If its legal there, then it will be legal anywhere in the lower 48 states. :p

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
It just looks weird not seeing the round lense portion. It's not even legal and I know I'd get hassled here in California with that. I mean, even when the IS came out here, cops hassled owners thinking the stock lights were illegal, same goes with the RX300/330-35 owners.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
It may actually be dot/sae approved. I know that for california, you must have a red reflector in the back. Red brake/parking lamps, either amber or red turn signals, and white reverse lights. The Lens itself does not need to have red in it (look at the prius). Besides the fact that there are no reflectors (at least i don't see it), it may actually be legal. Our rear sidemarker acts as a reflector (but i'm not sure if that would count as rear reflector). It's probably the ugliest tails, but i'm sure many people will actually buy this cause it's 'different'. Without the circle, you just can't call it an IS.

I'll continue making oem style LED tails for people that want something a little more subtle.

·
Registered
609 Posts
the reflectors look like they came out of a cheap Christmas tree star...

·
Registered
922 Posts
As long as you kept your trunk lights red and didnt smoke them or get them clear those would act as your rear reflector, but than again that would like not so hot to say the least.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts