Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find it. When I bought my car, the previous owner said that it has heated seats and all I need to do is get the switches....I didn't believe him, but said "okay". My car is an 01 with the suade interior and I didn't think they offered heated seats with the suade. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
151 Posts
mines 01 with suede and heated seats! very nice!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find it. When I bought my car, the previous owner said that it has heated seats and all I need to do is get the switches....I didn't believe him, but said "okay". My car is an 01 with the suade interior and I didn't think they offered heated seats with the suade. Am I wrong?
the heated seat switches are beside the track control switch. id imagine if you pull your cover off and find a lead then go buy a switch and plug it in and see if it works, if it doestn work or even light up then the guy lied. im pretty sure it was more of an option to not have heated seats.. i.e. warmer climate states would have no need for those. just like my heated driveway.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
Umm, I remember reading on here... depends where you/1st owner bought the car. Some '01s do not come with heated seat. It's regional... the Northeast/west have them, the warmer areas such as the south don't have them.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys are great....Thanks for the insight! Now I just have to buy the switches and check it out.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can anyone tell me how much I should expect to pay for both Switches? I found both heater switches and the trac switch with the trim piece for $50. Is this a good price??

·
Registered
151 Posts
Can anyone tell me how much I should expect to pay for both Switches? I found both heater switches and the trac switch with the trim piece for $50. Is this a good price??
good deal! buy em up! just make sure you got the disconnected wires found first! that way you know its already got the wiring and proper seats of course.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks dgre.... I found two connectors by the trac switch when I was putting in my stereo stuff. Even if the seats end up not working, I still like the look of having the switches instead of the hole plugs.... but we will see!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks dgre.... I found two connectors by the trac switch when I was putting in my stereo stuff. Even if the seats end up not working, I still like the look of having the switches instead of the hole plugs.... but we will see!
please update us on if it work or not... and if it did, what did you buy and where and how much. Thanks

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
^ You still need the heat pads. We all have the connectors for the heated seat switches, but a lot of us still need the actual heating pad that goes in our seats to warm up the seat.

Do a search, there's tons of threads concerning it. I've been trying to find used driver/passenger seats that has pads in them already so I can just swap them out. It's too much of a hassle to buy the heating pads and having to put them in, I've look at the seats without pads and its very complicated to look at.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't know how many of you guys read the first post, but I was told (by the previous owner) that my car has heated seats and it only needs the switches. I have read A LOT of the heated seat posts, I know that they are all wired for them... I did do the searches, I am just checking to see if I was lied to. I don't care either way, I am just curious now. I went out on my lunch break and bought the switches for $50 and I will plug them in after work. It would probably be easier to call Lexus and give them my Vin# to find out, but I like the switches.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
OK all......... I have toasty seats! Very excited to have seat heaters!
Thanks for all your help
Good to know! I unfortunately didnt have them, I bought switches anyways and tried them and nothing. I still want this feature but I have to wait until I find a salvaged one out here with them. Havent had luck yet since im in the West coast in California, havent heard that many having heated seats out here.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts