Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'd never thought i'd get scammed from someone on .net let alone someone i knew since Jr high school. I've known this guy since 7th grade and he scams me of $1000.

So anyways heres the story. In September of 2004 I move back from Colorado and I call my friend Jimmy (04sportlineIS) to go out and chill since im back in town. To my surprise he just got a IS300 aswell. Within a couple of days he tells me he bought a wrecked IS for parts and the car came with LSportline rims (forgot what type). I tell him i'll buy the rims off of him since he already went ahead and bought axis reverbs for his own IS. So that night we put the rims on my car and i tell him i'll give him the money tommorow. Next day i give him $1000 for the rims (no reciept, I know very stupid of me but keep in mind I knew this guy since 7th grade!)

Couple of weeks later I decide I would rather give the rims back to him and he can return the $1000 I gave him. Well before I could even give the rims back to him some guy out of nowhere calls me from Texas saying he bought the rims from my friend Jimmy about a month ago without hearing a word from Jimmy since he sent the money. I can't confront Jimmy about this since his in school (in Pennsylvania) so I think to myself well he just sold the rims I was gonna return to him for $2700 so maybe he just made a quick profit and he already knew i wanted to return the rims. I told the guy over the phone i'll ship him the rims next day. So next day i call Jimmy and he tells me to ship the rims to him and he'll refund me the $1000.

It's been 1 damn year and everytime I go by his house his not home. Everytime i call I get his voice message. Everytime I send him a pm about avoiding me he returns a reply only to say he hasn't been avoiding me.

Just had to vent and warn anyone on .net trying to buy anything from this guy.

Well Jimmy its been a year wheres my money? I know your reading this since your always trying to make a $ selling used shit.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
dayum.....i hope u get this resolved.

thanks for the heads up. :)
Thanks Jeff I hope so also, btw congrats with LC midwest chapter ;)

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
BLACKIS300T said:
Go wet your Bitch-Tits
is that really necessary?

Sorry to hear dude, guess when you think you know someone they surprise you still. Hope the best comes out of this and everything gets cleared!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GingX69 said:
So, how did this guy in Texas know you had the rims????
He said he was getting so pissed about Jimmy not returning any emails or phone calls that he searched and found all type of information on him. I was his last resort if i didn't help him he was going to call the Yonkers Police and call a lawyer. I can only think of one guy who lives in Jimmy's complex that knows me aswell who might've given him my number.

This just goes to show you what this guys like.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BLACKIS300T said:
Go wet your Bitch-Tits
I wont even bother thinking of a response for you unless you lived somewhere in the northeast. At least come up with something funny.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
it's okay peter.......i feel you .....my cousin beat me out of $300 and a set of stock rims......i know it's not a $1,000 but it's still money

-your friend,
willie

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rhnboi said:
Dude, beat his ass c-bass.... you know where he lives!!
i'de rather try and get the money from him first. Because i've known him for so long im pretty close with his family also. His dad has helped me through some hard times when I was younger. I dont want to cause his parents any type of grief.

But this kid is borderline getting his face cracked.

·
Registered
876 Posts
boosted_4door said:
i'de rather try and get the money from him first. Because i've known him for so long im pretty close with his family also. His dad has helped me through some hard times when I was younger. I dont want to cause his parents any type of grief.

But this kid is borderline getting his face cracked.

Oh i see, did not know it was that deep. Try to talk to the rents yet?

Cody

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
His mom is the type to see her kids do no wrong. His dad on the other hand would probably listen but his hard to get a hold of.

·
Banned
2,946 Posts
boosted_4door said:
His mom is the type to see her kids do no wrong. His dad on the other hand would probably listen but his hard to get a hold of.
I'm sure u have proof. Slap it in front of their faces and tell them whats up. I am pretty sure u two are old enough to be adults and take responsiblity. For a 1K I wouldnt beat around the bush anymore.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thats the thing I have no written proof, I didn't ask him for a reciept since ive known him for so long (big mistake on my part). My god father says he'll get a officer over there and make him take a polygraph so we'll see. Im waiting for him to reply to my pm to see how he wants to handle this.

Thanks for the replys though.

·
Registered
226 Posts
SHit on his door mat, maybe hell give u ur money, if not u still got the best of him.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
wow a friend did that to you?

the term "shady" and "fag" comes into my mind.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts