Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just want to let anyone know that is contemplating this setup. this is the ticket almost oem ride quality but with much better looks. i cannot be more satisfied with this combo very stiff responsive sporty car feeling with much suspension travel. my car doesnt bottom out anymore!! yay! i had the horrible tokico shocks and spring before, worst thing ever sold imo for our cars compared to the pro/bilstein setup!!!!! i also put the eibach sways on as well with new control arms. the car feels like new once again cannot be more happy. here is a pic from a DFW ricekiller photo shoot. waiting for the video to be made but here is the new stance want to thank the photographers from ricekiller.com thank you guys!!!

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Another one joins the club. congrats. Nice car you got there. What's the specs?

·
Premium Member
27,022 Posts
Congrats! I love the combo as well. And woah... those are some meaty tires on the rear!

What was wrong with your Tokicos.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the tokico illuminas blew after i swear like couple 1000 miles for one. but more less i can tell right from the start as i compared both from the "start" the bilstein's are just so more rugged/heavy duty...i have put 1000 miles ish already on the car since install too. the car has settled a bit in the rear since the photo you guys see as well and a tiny bit more in the front. that was about 100 miles since install in picture.

Most of all i love how when i get on these concrete streets with bumps every 10 feet cause Texas doesn't make a smooth concrete road unless your on George Bush tollway(seems here you have to pay to drive on a decent paved street).. the shocks stiffen up a bit which makes the car not want to bottom out and let the shocks do their thing.

Basically i miss asphalt big time. concrete destroys your suspension and tires too. but all in all i think this is about the best ride quality im going to get for a lowered car. If i go any lower i will be putting new lower control arms on once again in no time too, which i really prefer not to do. plus riding around in a 500+ hp pump gas car in the street slammed to the ground is a accident waiting to happen:p

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Nice set up. Although I have the Tokico Illuminas paired with H&R springs for about a year now and I can not be happier. Just thought I would defend the Illuminas. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.