Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am driving home, when this supped-up Civic Si pulls up. At the stoplight, it revs really hard, signaling me to race.

I figure I'd at least race a block. My foot wasn't even firmly on the ground, but the Civic was just barely keeping up, making lots of painful noises in the process.

On my side, it's business as usual... IS300 accelerating with only moderate efforts, the engine revving with symphonic tunes. That's all it took to keep up with this puny competitor.

He made the turn at the end of this long block, but he was shamed nevertheless.

My IS300 is accelerating so much better at 2700 miles.

------------------
2001 Lexus IS300
Millenium Silver Exterior
Black Leather/Escaine Interior
Moonroof, Bridgestone P215/45ZR17, wheel locks, trunk mat
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
15,322 Posts
hehehe
reminds me of the first time i "raced" my IS
me and my friend "little eddie" (who isnt little at all) were cruising up and down the strip, some guy pulls up to us at a light, didnt really pay attention to him, the dude says "wanna run?" eddie goes "yeah"..so i guess i have no choice, light turns, i go, i cant see him anywhere we make it to the end of the strip and pop a tittie (uturn) and cruise back to the start of the race, on the other side, guy catches up at the light and asks what i got, "its all stock" guy was like "fooooooooock" he had a really modded car, and it was trying hard, i thought he saw a cop and stopped or something, or didnt try, it was a rush and kinda fun (kinda pushing my car for the first time) dunno what kind of car he had but i dont count it as a kill (trac was on, power was off). might be racing my friend adrians black si (not stock) tomorrow nite...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
591 Posts
Originally posted by mrclam:
the is300 is not that much faster than a civic si =)
mrclam of course....
Just Like Clock-Work...
Don't dare say anything "Complimentary" about the IS300....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,628 Posts
I did just that to my friend in his 330i, although we were pretty close - I still beat him by a nose.
As for you riceboys, well wait until the IS get's a 5 speed tranny...unless you've seriously modified your Civic, you would have no chance in hell keeping up with the IS.
The good thing is, the IS is a luxurious car that offers performance, unlike the Civic.

black/ivory
17"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Do you guys use the automatic or the e-shift when you race? Is there a big drop-off if you use the automatic instead of the e-shift?

Originally posted by DonCorleone:
hehehe
reminds me of the first time i "raced" my IS
me and my friend "little eddie" (who isnt little at all) were cruising up and down the strip, some guy pulls up to us at a light, didnt really pay attention to him, the dude says "wanna run?" eddie goes "yeah"..so i guess i have no choice, light turns, i go, i cant see him anywhere we make it to the end of the strip and pop a tittie (uturn) and cruise back to the start of the race, on the other side, guy catches up at the light and asks what i got, "its all stock" guy was like "fooooooooock" he had a really modded car, and it was trying hard, i thought he saw a cop and stopped or something, or didnt try, it was a rush and kinda fun (kinda pushing my car for the first time) dunno what kind of car he had but i dont count it as a kill (trac was on, power was off). might be racing my friend adrians black si (not stock) tomorrow nite...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
424 Posts
hasanazhar,

Can I safely assume that your IS beat an automatic 330i ?

AndyL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,628 Posts
Of course it was an auto. And we were very close, but I was still ahead by a nose. I think it's the torque advantage, but otherwise the cars are closely matched in performance. I bet the 5 speed would determine the true 0-60 leader.

black/ivory
17"
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
15,322 Posts
i dont use it for stoplight racing cause when i did it didnt feel like it was making much of a difference and last night i didnt use it either (race to 90) I cant really say because i'm new to racing and am slowly learning how to launch my car...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Your cars are very nice and I more than likely will get one when the manual comes out next year. But when u can do 15.2 @ 92mph in the 1/4 let me know!

------------------
00 SE ALTIMA W/LTHR, 5SPD
STILLEN 4-1 HEADER, CAI INTAKE
18" GIOVANNA BARLETTA W/225/35
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,250 Posts
i'm stating a ****ing fact. are all you peopel stupid? the is300 is not all that much faster than a civic si and thsi guy makes it seem like his car is lightyears faster.....i'm stating an objective fact as i have all morning long
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
"Objective fact"???

Filburt actually went out to the "real world" , raced an SI, and beat it. What's more objective than that? Numbers from a magazine, or other third party source are not "objective fact". I'm not tryin' to cut you down mrclam... but your posts don't make alot of sense. If you're gonna be giving us IS300 owners a reality check, at least do with with "real" reality.

Originally posted by mrclam:
i'm stating a ****ing fact. are all you peopel stupid? the is300 is not all that much faster than a civic si and thsi guy makes it seem like his car is lightyears faster.....i'm stating an objective fact as i have all morning long
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,250 Posts
dj, i said taht teh is300 is not that much faster than an SI. its faster, i agree, but NOT BY A LOT. that is waht i said, i didnt' say the si was faster, i agree that the is300 is faster, but to say, yeah...i just paced him, then i kicked his azz is exagerating and either the other guy is a bad driver(i saw a chick trying to go up a hill in 5th gear with an si, she couldn't get over 20mph....) or he just has a strange sense of perception.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
15,322 Posts
why is everyone picking on Clam? his post are nowhere nearly as bad as they were back then and yet hes getting more heat today than ever. these new troll posters who constantly bash the IS for no other reason than to make themselves feel good has caused a rift between nonowners and owners, some owners have gone as far as bashing nonowners (who are fans and post decent stuff) just because they are nonowners and dont kiss the IS ass. the "if you are not with us, you are against us, love it or leave it" attitude has got to go. with that being said, let the **** that is posted die down and it will creep into the archives away from the first forum page (where most of the time is spent) dont adapt the same mentality as some ppl (who shall remain nameless) who think their cars are the picture of perfection.

dont tell me a highly modded si cant beat an IS. i raced my IS against my friend's SI (i think he has an intake and an exhaust among other things but i know he doesnt have headers) and he got a better start than i did, but not much, and i beat him to 90, he was on my back bumper so no i did not blow him away. realize that there are ppl out there who will put an SI sticker on their car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Originally posted by DonCorleone:
why is everyone picking on Clam? his post are nowhere nearly as bad as they were back then and yet hes getting more heat today than ever. these new troll posters who constantly bash the IS for no other reason than to make themselves feel good has caused a rift between nonowners and owners, some owners have gone as far as bashing nonowners (who are fans and post decent stuff) just because they are nonowners and dont kiss the IS ass. the "if you are not with us, you are against us, love it or leave it" attitude has got to go. with that being said, let the **** that is posted die down and it will creep into the archives away from the first forum page (where most of the time is spent) dont adapt the same mentality as some ppl (who shall remain nameless) who think their cars are the picture of perfection.

dont tell me a highly modded si cant beat an IS. i raced my IS against my friend's SI (i think he has an intake and an exhaust among other things but i know he doesnt have headers) and he got a better start than i did, but not much, and i beat him to 90, he was on my back bumper so no i did not blow him away. realize that there are ppl out there who will put an SI sticker on their car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Yeah Si's are quick, he more than likely only got a jump on you at the start since he has a manual. I'm surprised he didn't pull on you better at the higher speeds though.

------------------
00 SE ALTIMA W/LTHR, 5SPD
STILLEN 4-1 HEADER, CAI INTAKE
18" GIOVANNA BARLETTA W/225/35
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
11 Participants
KJ
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing
Top