Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
still waiting to hear back from insurance, but this was early last week. hopefully i find out soon what's going to happen..ambulance ran a light, truck infront of us slammed on his brakes, olds alero went into the back of the truck, then i went into the back of the alero, then another car got me from behind (very minimal damage in the rear, or to the other 2 vehicles..no dents or anything.)

i think it's totaled, what do you guys think?

here's a pic a few days earlier... :(

just installed BC S2 cams, figs hood props, SRT intake too. dangit! hope i can get all of that out of there..

·
Registered
779 Posts
judging by the year of the car the amount of damage, your insurance is probably gonna label it as a total loss. if your car is already at a collision center just call your insurance to make arrangements so you can take out your aftermarket parts and put the stock parts back in

·
Registered
238 Posts
I would say its a total loss too. Get your aftermarket parts and give it to me :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yeah bro that is definitely a total loss. Check my thread from last year.

Here: http://my.is/forums/f138/is300-guardrail-shitty-day-pics-380618/

I ended up rebuilding the car myself by using a front clip from another IS and getting it painted up to match. I only paid a grand in payments, and fixed my car for $2300. So I bought my 2003 5spd LSD IS300 for $3300. Pretty sweet deal. Now I'm trading it straight for a 1994 TT 6spd Targa Supra. Can't wait :)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
definitely a total loss, do you know whos at fault?
they havn't said anything, the cops were complete jerks to me. probably because of my age + my car, the female cop said "maybe this will teacher you teenage punks not to lower your vehicles so much" (when im 21..i know barely out of teens...but still!) i got hit from behind, so hopefully not my fault completely..

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I ended up rebuilding the car myself by using a front clip from another IS and getting it painted up to match. I only paid a grand in payments, and fixed my car for $2300. So I bought my 2003 5spd LSD IS300 for $3300. Pretty sweet deal. Now I'm trading it straight for a 1994 TT 6spd Targa Supra. Can't wait :)
ewww im sorry!!!!! atleast you rebuilt it yourself and going to get another car from it! im hoping they do total it, so i can pick up LoneStarS14 IS he has for sale! :)

·
Registered
675 Posts
i was wondering if ur car is salvage title, u gonna get least money instead of the kbb price right?

·
Registered
2,084 Posts

please swap your 94 TT 6sp for my 2004 IS300 !!

Pretty please !!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NOOOOOOOOOO this sucks. Sorry man, and after you just bought the hood props etc. So you bought it back from insurance?
yeah i got it back from the insurance company, it actually worked out well for me lol. new one is a manual, same color, so the heat shield and hood props will be put to good use :) that was the 1st thing i did on this new one when i got home was the heat shield haha.

i'll be making a trip up with that intake soon too! as soon as i can find some time :)

and turbo, front was completely smashed :( hood & bumper..is in a couple pieces.

thanks everyone else for how the car looked! this next one..just gotta do it bigger and better, right? :)

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
yeah i got it back from the insurance company, it actually worked out well for me lol. new one is a manual, same color, so the heat shield and hood props will be put to good use :) that was the 1st thing i did on this new one when i got home was the heat shield haha.

i'll be making a trip up with that intake soon too! as soon as i can find some time :)

and turbo, front was completely smashed :( hood & bumper..is in a couple pieces.

thanks everyone else for how the car looked! this next one..just gotta do it bigger and better, right? :)
And faster

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
exactly! SRT kit. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.