Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. Just bought a 2001 IS300 (Auto) yesterday. It's graphite in color, not sure of the lexus color name.

About 9mo ago, my wife got a 2001 IS300 in silver and I like it so much, decided to get one myself.

Plans are to pay it off ~3yr and then turbocharge it.

The IS is my first "luxury" car and it's a nice change.

I also own a 96 Miata which i've turbocharged as well as a 90 civic wagon beater.

Previously, I've also owned an 89 civic (turbo), 92 prelude (turbo), 93 240sx (turbo) and 88 civic (turbo). and a bunch of other non-turbo cars. Lost count but I think the lexus is somewhere around my 20th-25th car.

I've got to do a lot of reading. I think i've got some things figured out, or at least on my way to having them figured out. The dealer said if the car sits for a while, the battery dies, the climate control doesnt work right and the rear speakers hardly work. Hopefully I'll have those issues fixed in the next week or two.

Can't wait to pay this sucker off and spool up a snail :)

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Welcome!

It is called GGP (Graphite Gray Pearl), and it is the best color. ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
look for anything that could be the culprit in the battery drainage.
Funny you mentioned it. Last night, I found something. My wife mentioned to me that my clock was on in my car. I opened the door and got the "key is in the ignition" chime.

Put the key in and wiggled it and the clock turned off. So....bad ignition switch. I think I can tolerate it for a while though. Just have to make sure the clock is off when I get out of the car. Probably not a cheap fix.

In the next week or so, I'm gonna be doing the AUX input mod and installing a set of 2 stealth USB ports for charging my phone, mp3 player.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts