Lexus IS Forum banner

Another new member! few questions (update with pics!)

2K views 34 replies 18 participants last post by  toekneeXD 
#1 · (Edited)
My name is Tony and im from Oklahoma city. i recently sold my 99 gsr turbo hatchback and bought an 04 is300 Sportdesign w/ 34,xxx miles. i think the color is alabaster? hopefully i can get some pictures up tomorrow. the car came with a 3 yr./100,000k mile bumper to bumper warrantee. is there anything i can do that wont void the warrantee? so far i have a HKS drop in filter. I bought a apexi safc but havnt installed it just yet and from doing a little researching on the boards has made me decide on some Eibach pro springs. but would the springs, safc, and maybe a hks Hi power axel back void the warrantee?? and lastly, i was looking though a thread with someone who had an autozone intake pipe as a knock off to the joeZ intake. would that void the warrantee also? thanks again

tony

Heres pictures of the hatch that i sold.

And here are some quick shots i just took in the garage. ill get a good photoshoot in asap

See less See more
#2 ·
welcome. the best way to figure out what will void you warranty is to ask the warranty holders. they can differ from place to place. just write down the list of mods you plan on and fire away. they will tell you what is and is not going to void it! GL

#5 ·
I have the autozone intake. I don't know if it will void the warranty. I would assume so, but like the guy above me said, you can take it off. It's really easy to take off if u need too. Makes it sound real nice too. Welcome!

#9 ·
Welcome to the site!! Check with the warranty paperwork/issuer on the changes they will accept to the vehicle without voiding the warranty. I have run into some out there that will try to void it if ANYTHING has been modified but under most circumstances this is not the case. Call BS on them and have fun with your car.

#10 ·
thanks for the warm welcoming and advice!

by autozone intake i belive he means the knock off of the joeZ intake.(which i myself am in the process of this very moment. haha got on to look at pictures of it) ill get some pics up tonight! pretty much stock alabaster is300 sport

#11 ·
from what i understand the warranty only gets voided for that particular system for example if you put an exhaust on the exhaust system would be void , i could be wrong though....

#14 ·
The brakes are free flowing so the first time you press them going in a certain direction, they'll make that noise... its normal.

Nice looking car, and btw please don't put an "autozone" intake on the car, you bought a Lexus, don't go cheap. But then again it's not my ride.

Enjoy the IS. :)

#16 ·
haha thanks. pretty much the same as yours. noo its an automatic =/ i live in oklahoma and a manual is300 here is like a needle in a haystack.

by the autozone intake i meant as in just replacement of the pipe and retaining the stock air box. not competely redoing it with the filter and such. i already have a HKS filter and just replaced the pipe today. im happy with it so far.

has anyone installed a apexi SAFC and gone in for any warrentee related problem?? any issues?

#23 · (Edited)
Welcome toekneexd! We, the IS community, accordingly welcomes you to the my.is forum. My best advice I can educate you with is check with the warranty holders, as stated above. Talk to your sales representative and ask him/her about it. Talk to people here on this site (in which you are) who have been in your spot, we are VERY helpful. Hoped this helped and hoped you got what you wanted. Enjoy.

My apologies on that "child's play" comment, it's been fixed.

#24 ·
Welcome toekneexd! We, the IS community, accordingly welcomes you to the my.is forum. Nice hatchback....but it's about time you hung up that child's play and started getting into the big leagues. My best advice I can educate you with is check with the warranty holders, as stated above. Talk to your sales representative and ask him/her about it. Talk to people here on this site (in which you are) who have been in your spot, we are VERY helpful. Hoped this helped and hoped you got what you wanted. Enjoy.
wow what a dum post. child's play? cmon :rolleyes:

toekneeXD if youre worried about warantee issues follow the link that Squareback postd and read up. asking the sales rep may not work. most of the time those guys know nothing about modding and how an intake and exhaust can affect a car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.