Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, whats up? I'm Adam and I'm 20 years old, turning 21 in about 30 days.

Anyways, I'm from St. Petersburg, Florida.. full time college student majoring in network engineering and working part time at Best Buy as a computer sales representative.

I've had a 1993 Honda Accord EX for 3 years now, it was a full show car; fully shaved, kitted, pearl white paint, Volk rims.. and so on.

I'm now selling it (in 2 weeks) and buying a 2001/2002 IS300. I've always loved the car and it's finally time to get one. Hopefully I can get the color I want which is either blue or graphite (grey).

I just love the look of the IS300 and hope to learn about them from this board.. seems like a very cool place. Any tips or information about the IS would be very benefical to me.. it'll be nice to have a factory warranty, stock HID's, just an overall luxury stock vehicle.

Well, hopefully I'll enjoy this place and learn some new things about the car I will soon be getting!

Adios, Adam. :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey man,

Welcome to the forum, and i'm sure you will love the car. Any info you could possibly need can be found with a simple search... believe me i went like four months of being on the site without posting once because everything I wanted to know I found searching, plus you dont have to go through the horror of having 100 my.is members flaming you :p lol

congrats and welcome aboard,
Elliot763

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
welcome.

good luck on buying, but a 2001 with factory warranty? even a 2002. unless its certified pre-owned but you'll have to pay a premium over similar cars listed by private sellers or not under the cpo title.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
FYI if you're looking for a manual IS dnt look for 2001's they're all automatics. 2002 and up is the way to go...
Oh yea and WELCOME!!

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Welcome aboard, enjoy surfing the site and don't let the mod bug bite hard. :)

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome! I have a few questions about the color/interiors of the car.

I've been looking at either black, blue, or grey and it looks like only the blue and grey have the black leather interior, right? Thats a big factor. My Accord has tan and I'm so tired of it.. black leather is what I want.

Another question, are all the IS300's the same as far as how the seats look interior wise? My buddy has a GS300 and it's all leather, where as the IS looks like suede in the middle and leather on the outside.. just curious.

Thanks again guys! Oh yeah, I'm not worried about getting a manual or auto.. just whatever is there. I like both sticks and autos and now that I'm moving up to luxury and not a street racing ricer, automatic isn't a big deal. :)

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
2001s had leather/suede or cloth only. 2002s have leather/suede, full leather or cloth. then on some of the leather/suede seats or the all leather seats, some have piping and some do not (this applies to 01 and 02s, some later years might have all had piping)

i have seen both color interiors in both blue and gray cars, so you'll have to look, how hard will have something to do with how the regional dealer reps decided to package their cars.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Adam (REBELS) Ive seen your car on Hondasociety.com,, you the blue shaved Accord................. I was TooHottoHandle on there, Im picking up a graphite IS300 tommorow hopefully if everything goes well negoatign wise.......... im so sick of my accord its ridicolous i had the silver one with predator hood, body kit, projector headlights, im so far out of that phase of my life................. just want a nice stock IS300....... beautiful car! Nobody has any carfax's they could help me with =P????

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Welcome to this site. GGP is the way to go, except when it is dirty, plus it shows all the scratchs and dents, but it looks awesome when clean.

The escaine/alcantara is nice in Florida, it grips, plus it doesn't get hot and sticky.

Good luck in finding a new ride.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whats up Hole In ONe? My car used to be 350z blue but I had it redone with a headlight conversion and other stuff. I'm glad to be out of the Honda scene.. I'm just driving it until my birthday (25 days) then selling it to a friend in Ohio where my parents live.

I went and checked some IS300's out yesterday.. a lot of the places I looked had the color I want which is graphite or black, I decided not to go with blue; but they all had tan leather. They do have one silver one, manual, with black leather.. but not the exterior color I want. They are going to call me when they find a black/charcoal with black leather.. they are so damn nice! The stereo system sounds nice, stock HIDs, the yellow fogs.. everything I want.

Just a question about the tail lights. I know some have the chrome altezzas and some have the black housing style.. can they be swapped out? If I get a black one and it has the chrome, can I buy the black housing ones to put in the car? I'd think you would be able too since you can with every other car (aftermarket).

Thanks again guys! I can't wait to get the IS300 and feel more at home here..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts