Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's the GM thingy. I tried it a couple years ago. They offer GM cars vs their competitors. I think it is a good opportunity for us to smoke the cars without wasting our own gas and tires....

I am going there on August 9 morning around 9am. I have heard spaces are limited... Be quick to register

http://www.autoshowinmotion.com

May be we could ask p.mottaz to demostrate the Autocross skill over there too!

By the way, I attended the Chrysler event this weekend. Besides the Crossfire (cheap version of MB SLK), they offered G35 Couple, TT and Boxster for you to smoke.

G35's engine is the best among all those cars....Strangely, it's e-brake is based on foot brake, not hand brake.....different from the Z
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,197 Posts
Hey, this is the thing at the old Alameda Naval Base, right? I got one in my mailbox but it was addressed to the previous tenant :cry: Is this open to anyone or just GM Credit Card holders?

Would be fun to blow a vette around the track for the heck of it or try the Hummer course. Not to mention the competitor vehicles (most of which I'd prefer to a GM vehicle any time :wink: ).

~J
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:D That's correct. It is open for everyone. I also received a mail (which is not to me but to my uncle).

It's the same place in Alameda, where the last Lexus SUV event held. I think it calls Area51 something.

But I still register it.

Frankly, I wanna see how H2 rules on the rough road.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
blue_j said:
Would be fun to blow a vette around the track for the heck of it or try the Hummer course. Not to mention the competitor vehicles (most of which I'd prefer to a GM vehicle any time :wink: ).

~J
j...

you should def go and bring ur woman!!! how often are you gonna get a chance to drive a vette on a closed course???

rolo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:D It's hard to blow a vette since all cars are automatic...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,197 Posts
r.maestas said:
al7ezza said:
:D It's hard to blow a vette since all cars are automatic...
:shame:

:lol:

OK, lemme check schedules for that day. If we can, I'll try for something early in the morning to hook up with you guys out there...or maybe caravan over if there's a small group of us outta the same area.

-J
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds good to me! How about we bring our stop watch to do an informal autocross time trial :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
blue_j said:
r.maestas said:
al7ezza said:
:D It's hard to blow a vette since all cars are automatic...
:shame:

:lol:

OK, lemme check schedules for that day. If we can, I'll try for something early in the morning to hook up with you guys out there...or maybe caravan over if there's a small group of us outta the same area.

-J
blue_j

PM me your info and we will co-ordinate somtime next week
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,197 Posts
AAARRRGGGHHHHH!

Sorry guys, can't make it to this event. My gf needs to bring her VW in for service (surprise, surprise) that day at 9. We're out of pocket for a few hours until the afternoon. :cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
478 Posts
blue_j said:
AAARRRGGGHHHHH!

Sorry guys, can't make it to this event. My gf needs to bring her VW in for service (surprise, surprise) that day at 9. We're out of pocket for a few hours until the afternoon. :cry:
we are going to be there till about 2 or 3...or do you want a lift???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,197 Posts
IS3UHOH said:
blue_j said:
AAARRRGGGHHHHH!

Sorry guys, can't make it to this event. My gf needs to bring her VW in for service (surprise, surprise) that day at 9. We're out of pocket for a few hours until the afternoon. :cry:
we are going to be there till about 2 or 3...or do you want a lift???
Thanks for the offer...our schedule is too crazy now on the 9th for us to make it out there though. Look forward to seeing everybody at another meet sometime soon.

-Jeff
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top