Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another fatality from street racing on Hawaii's streets.

Earlier today, a Honda Prelude slammed into a minivan driven by an elderly couple and some other passengers. The impact was so hard that one of the passengers snapped their neck. I believe it was an elderly person.

There were some reports that said that a group of Hondas congregated on the freeway and started racing.

The driver was some spoiled 18 year old kid. Too stupid for his own good. Too much testoserone and not enough brains. Dumb ass. Now he's looking at potential felony negligent homicide charges. Ah, to be young...

If there are any inaccuracies, please correct me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just heard about this fatality on the news. The 18 year old kid was a friend of mine and the lady that he killed was one of my classmates mothers. I was shocked when i heard about this. My heart goes out to each of the families.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
hey risk 3233, long time no "see"...
man... some people just dun know how to control themselves...

since i got my IS300, ive been driving soo carefully, ..
i think my average freeway speed is 70 .. cuz i know that our Is300's are eye candy for the cops, especailly yellow..

i feel for those people that that kid hit..
my friend got rear ended by some 17 yr old punk that was adjusting his radio ..he ran right into the rear of my friends car...
thank god his car (friend) was a 90 LS400.. that thing is a rock compared to the kids civic that hit him...

it scratched my friends bumper pretty bad and caved in the kids civic...

·
Registered
5 Posts
That sucks.. We have a lot of kids streetracing out here in California.. and someone always gets killed.. and what happens? Gets the cops all pissed off and rude towards anyone driving a "fixed up" or seemingly "fixed up" car... i hate that.

[ August 27, 2001: Message edited by: EuroKRN ]

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm feeling a little different about this incident. If you recall there was a horrific fatality a few months ago in Hawaii. Some kid in an Acura was racing and launched off a freeway off ramp and essentially sliced his car in half. The driver was the only one in the car and the only registered fatality. He assumed the risk and paid the price. I was saddened by this incident.

However, this most recent fatality gets me angry. The people in the minivan were innocent. They were not involved in the reckless act of this juvenile. In other words, one persons acts have affected the lives of many other people in addition to his own. This incident angers and frustrates me because as a user of public roadways, I have no control over what some wing-nut does in his car.

I hate to keep posting it, but racing belongs on the tracks.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I am going out on a limb here, a pretty sturdy one, but I think everyone here either has or still does speed through traffic (weave), tailgate a slower driver, or "play" with another driver by cutting eachother off, etc. I think that we dont only have to stop racing but also this aggressive driving stuff in order to cut accidents. I used to do the same stuff (not race, but drive aggressively) and since I got my IS, i have stopped.....there is too much at risk just to arrive at my destination 5 minutes earlier. What I am trying to say is it is not only street racing, it is also this aggresive driving crap.

·
11,061 Posts
We recently had a bad one up here too...not racing, but being STUPID. 7 people in a little Ford...drinking...no seat belts...suspended license...60 MPH in a 35 zone and hit an overpass support. Everyone was ejected. One 28 year old woman survived...if you can call it that. She'll never be really OK. The driver was one of twin guys(about 21); both died. So needless...

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Yeah - these deaths are really senseless. Being out on the road ~50,000 miles per year, I see some REALLY agressive driving on a daily basis. I fear that it's only going to get worse - a lot of the kids that are prone to confrontational and agressive driving will only learn the hard way. On top of that, nicer and more powerful cars seem to be much more accessible to younger people now-a-days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts