Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'06 IS 350. I've been collecting parts for the first half of this winter and stacking boxes in the basement on my way to turning this car into something really nice, one piece at a time. 1 thing I bought was KYB struts for all 4 corners, just the dampeners, no springs. Then I got to thinking since I'll be rebuilding the suspension this spring, it would be nice to drop it down slightly. no more than an inch max. So I started looking at springs and doing my homework. That turned into more confusion and headaches than I originally planned. Most of the posts and google searches of forums and spring manufacturers are more than 3-10 years old.
Anyway, looking at the car tonight I did some measurements, I have 1.5" from tire to fender in the front and 1.25" in the rear. That got me thinking maybe this thing's already been lowered? It looks like original everything. Looking at pictures on the interwebs here doesn't clarify anything very well and there's no 2is's to be found around here for comparison.
So my question to you fine Lexus brethren, does this look factory to you? And does anybody have any good input into what springs would suit it best to maintain the Lexus ride quality while lowering 1/2"-1"?
The wheels are 18" with 225/40 tires. Thank you.

Attachments

Registered
2002 Lexus IS300

Registered
It looks factory to me, but if you want to double check - just jack up the car and check the springs. I'd just get F Sport springs for it to go with your KYB's and be done with it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everything appears stock to me. I decided to go with the RSR 1" drop springs to go with the KYB shocks. Hopefully the combination works out. I won't know until the snow melts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts