Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Jew
25,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I know this phone discussion has bee had before, but alot's happened since then and now I need to buy a cordless phone setup for a gift this Christmas.

I want to get a 5.8GHz setup.... but I absolutely deman NiMH batteries or Li-Ion batteries. Alot of phones these days still come with those damn NiCd batteries... those suck.... they hhave too many problems that come with them.

So does anybody know what 5.8GHz phone is the best??? I'm assuming it's the Panasonic setup... but who knows.

Geoff... I think you came out as the house expert the last time we had this discussion... what are your thoughts???

·
Registered
6,906 Posts
5.8GHz??? does the phone you want come with an optional head shield to protect you from it's cancerous rays.

5.8GHz??? how far do you want to be from you base when you use it? another state?

5.8GHz??? Nasa called, they want their satellite back.

·
Registered
201 Posts
5.8Ghz wtf? really? you could run around the block with that~! i dont really see how anyone could use up so much distance.. hmm..
right now i have a 2.4Ghz by siemens 4210. great phone- i would recommend it, never any static or feed back. the best part about the phone is that there is no antenna to get in the way when you are talking on the bed or on your side. and all the functions i.e.: speaker phone are located on the handset too. small phone and you can add additional handsets. the crummy part: no flash...gRRR

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have a friend who owns a telephone store and he sells many different brands of phones. He told me to stay away from the 5.8 Ghz phones as the manufacturers are having alot of problems with them. They are too new to take a chance on according to him.

Eventually, they will work out the bugs.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
jetstar
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing