Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched for this but couldn't find a straight answer. I just purchased the clutchmasters fx200 from AltezzaBob to replace my stock clutch (only had 60k on it... not too happy with that). My question is, can I mate this sprung clutch to the stock dual mass flywheel (assuming its not damaged), or should I go ahead and get a solid flywheel?

And secondly... how does the fidanza/clutchmasters combo perform from a rest? Is it a pain in the ass to get moving with such a lightweight flywheel, or does it drive similar to stock (albeit faster revving)?

Any comments on the practicality/daily-driver-friendliness of this setup? I do like to race when I get the chance (not on public roads)... but I don't want to have to deal everyday with a total PITA setup just for a few weekends of fun.

I am open to all opinions comments and suggestions. And thanks in advance.

PS... AltezzaBob is a good person to do business with

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have the same clutch as you and it is paired with the Fidanza flywheel and love it.
-The clutch pedal is WAY softer than stock, but does stiffen up a little over time (compared to the first time you drive it).
-As for daily driving it is fine. That is all I do and I have no problems or complaints, but keep in mind this setup is slighty more of an on/off engagement over the stock clutch, but you can still slip it.
-As for the flywheel it is awesome. Better throttle response and of course revs a lot faster. If you plan on taking your car to the track, it will be way easier to rev match on your downshifts.

my two pennies...

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the clutchmasters fx100 and fidanza flywheel as well. I'd say the pedal feel and overall feel is much like stock. I drive my car daily and have no problems with it whatsoever...I'd say you will definitely be happy and have no complaints!

·
Registered
820 Posts
I'm glad this was brought up, this is the same setup I will be running in the future and was wondering a bit how it would be for daily driving. Although it will be a little while for me (waiting for stock clutch to die), but if you could kmcaprice14, please post back after you get it installed...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts