Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I know this has probably been beat to death, but I am hoping this is an easy question for some of the NA tuning gurus.

I am doing my 90K service next month and have decided to install an HKS cam gear on the exhaust side while I am at it. Below is the current setup on the car and I want to know what amount of retard/advance I can safely run on the car, if any. The car is currently running on the stock ECU with stock cams. It is daily driven in CO, so roughly 5280 ft above sea level on 91 octane.

- TRD Panel Filter
- Joe Z Intake
- HP Racing (off brand) y-pipe
- HKS Dragger II

If it helps the car is not used for drag or drift, so I don't have any specific power goals in mind. Just wanting to make the day to day commute a little more fun. Thanks in advance guys. :)

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
set it to -4 to start and if you feel nothing play around with it. being in CO your findings will be alot different then mine here in wisconsin. So to start set it at -4 and see how that runs.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seeing on another forum as well that -4 seems to be the magic number, so I will start there. Thanks guys. :)

Reactions: Bezik777
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.