Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I know that there's been quite a few posts on auto tranny upgrades from known shops and other misc exchanges such as th350/th400 (GM auto trannys)
This post -> http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=198065&highlight=supra+auto+transmission
Was actually pretty good too, but one question was left to be answered -

How bout the auto tranny from a 93+ TT supra (A340E - comes with electronic sport control) - I'm sure the mounts would be a bit different and a custom driveshaft would probably be needed, but wouldn't that be the best of both worlds (driveability & high HP)?

It seems that a lot of auto 2jzgte guys still make upwards of the 500~600ish HP, without any tranny failure, and the tranny is still good for street use even with OD =)

So has anyone done it? Is the tranny just too hard to find? Too expensive? IS300 tunnel not big enough?? I need input - so if anyone has a clue or has done it, let me know, as I might consider going that route if I can't find a 5spd IS300

Thanks

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So with a little bit of readin on my side, since no-one really seems to have an answer, but with 28 views there is some interest, I saw that the TT and NA auto trannys are actually a bit different.
The code is still the same: A340E, but on the TT since vaccum doesn't work, they use an Electronically Controlled Transmission with an intelligent sporty control -

So all in all, this 'control module' is sperate from the car, and could possible be removed and reinstalled in ours - In a way, if I could find all the info needed to understand the e-shift, there could be a way to trigger the controller and still use e-shift, but with a tranny that can hold 500hp easy.
I'll sleep on this and do some more research, if anyone works @ a lexus/toyota dealership and can provide me with insights of how e-shift works, and/or the wiring diagram for that supra TT auto tranny controller, that'd be awesome!

Once again, post your hate or simply comment if it seems that I might be onto something fun :cool:

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess no one knows, or though about it hmm?

·
Registered
646 Posts
You probably won't find too many people on this site with that sort of knowledge. My advice would be to acquire and review both the wiring diagrams for the IS300's eshift and also for the Supra TT's auto controller. If you can't find those on here or the supraforums, you can read and download them at techinfo.toyota.com.
If trying to figure out wiring diagrams is over your head or you need help here and there, I would suggest contacting PFS, TurboEast, or Toyomoto to see if they can provide any insight into your inquiry.
Sorry I can't give more help, as I'm not very knowledgeable in this particular area. If you find out any more information related to this topic though, please post it here.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah if I have the wiring diagrams I can probably figure some stuff out - My main concern is the mounting issue of the tranny - Will I need some mount kit like the getrag does?
I don't see why anyone hasn't used this as a good alternative to their e-shift tranny. I mean the tranny itself is probably super cheap and if there isn't really any mounting issues, then that's tranny upgrade good up to 500~600HP :p

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
i have a 02 GGP 5-speed manual for sale. since you said you cant find any. LSD too.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
AltezzaBob said:
i have a 02 GGP 5-speed manual for sale. since you said you cant find any. LSD too.
its funny that in your signature you call it a Piece Of Shit. or are you using it as another abreviation?

02 GGP 5SPD W55(POS)-Espelir-Tokico-HKS-JIC-TecK-PLP-Toyomoto-Hotchkis

-fixed

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
i am useing it as Piece of sh!t. It can't hold up boosted power unless you butterfly it everywhere. you are missing a / at the end of your bold tag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts