Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so xerd prob hasn't sent sims out to people--but beyond their shadiness, i think we all generally agree their pipes produce the greatest gains, yes?

and from hanging around in .NET i know that there are companies that sell 02 sims.

AND toyomoto sells pipes with sims.

my question: WTF are 02 sims?
what do they do? why can't xerd get them? how do they work? can you just buy xerd pipes and buy a toyomoto sim? are they necessary at all (performance wise, CEL notwithstanding)? can we tune away the CEL with proper AFC or AFR (apex'i or hks) tuning, or 02 sims are a must?

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
no amount of tuning will eliminate the "emissions below threshold" CEL that you get with a header. The CEL stems from the removal of the cat, and only an o2 sim will get rid of it.

www.casperselectronics.com sells o2 sims, that's where i got mine... Why pay $100 when you can buy from them for $50?

Just pick up any toyota obd-II o2 simulator. The one I got was for an obd-II supra, works perfect.

-C

·
Registered
69 Posts
From an earlier post :

The way the stock ECU works it expects to see similar signals from the first and second o2 sensors in a bank. The signal however should be delayed by the cat. If the ECU doesnt see a delay or the right delay it throws a CE due the CAT not working optimally.

If you looking at the graph (voltage) of the first and second o2 sensors they are similar the second one is just delayed a bit and smoother.

Not sure if that makes sense.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts