Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i picked up my new '03 is today and it's sweet. well i'm 22 and am graduating in two weeks with a job starting in january. i'm single, living at home and working a decent job - affording the IS was not too difficult at 3.9% financing and after a decent downpayment...

well one of my parents' friends says to them, "gee it took me 50 years to get my first lexus." Another said, "Wow sure looks like his job is paying off quick"

SHUTUP :bitching: Just because I'm single and can afford to quasi-splurge on a decently priced car doesn't mean you freaking have to make me out to be some spoiled rich punk. It's not my problem that you rushed off to get married at the age of 19 and have been blowing all your money on your wife instead of cool toys since then. Do old people just not understand that this car is a standout in the lexus line?? Do they really think it costs $60k like the LS430?!? Granted it's a nice car, but it just pisses me off how that name carries so much pompous fluff with it... rather have it badged as a toyota i think :roll:

ok i'm pissed and just wanted to tell everyone :lol:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
i'm pretty much in the same boat, i was 22, 23 now, just graduated college, single and still living at home when i bought my lex, my friends and family aren't pissed but jealous, enjoy it

·
Registered
5 Posts
im 22 and i have a good job and live at home, ive had my IS for a year, people do think the car cost more than it does, o well

·
Registered
107 Posts
im 22 ...i purchased my is3 just under 2 years ago. Its true that people feel that the car is mega-expensive just because the lexus name. But we all know the truth ;).

btw no college for me...
"work smarter not harder"

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
ISthree00 said:
ZaKapitan said:
stop being pissed. laugh back.

I'm on their side if your parents bought it for you.
i'm payin for it all thank you very much :eek:
you live with mommy and daddy, you are not really paying for it all.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Yeah I get slack every now and then...however I LET them think I drive a $50k car!!! :lol: I consider myself pretty successful so I'll let them add more fuel to their own fire thinking I am all that. :roll:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
antonio said:
ISthree00 said:
ZaKapitan said:

you live with mommy and daddy, you are not really paying for it all.
:lol: :lol:
if you only knew... don't be so quick to judge. i have a great job making plenty of money and even if i were living in an apartment i could easily pay for my IS. eat it :chill:

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I'm 26 and I still get the "how-the-hell-can-you-afford-that-car" look. Oh well, what can you do? :roll: I also don't like to tell people I drive a Lexus since most of the time it's a conversation killer. :D

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Bruvva get used to it !!!!!!!!!!!
I'm 21, still living in my parents crib, and I get stupid comments all the time. I worked my ass off since I was 16 for this ride, and now I get stupid feedback. :eek:

But I realized it comes with the territory. When people first see you, they judge you on first appearance. They dont know your background or where you live or what you do. :shame:

So if they see a young, decked out bruvva, pimpin a LEXXX they automatically stereotype you. :pissed:

Geee, I wonder what they'll say when I start pushin' the PORSCHE 911. :chill:

·
Registered
151 Posts
yeh well i leased my car but no one knows. I think alot of people think it is the gs or just as expensive, especially since mine is doped out. wherever I go people just look and comment on my car. It's all about the Lexus Logo Baby. And I luuuvvvvvvvvv it. Oh yeh I'm 21

ISthree00 said:
so i picked up my new '03 is today and it's sweet. well i'm 22 and am graduating in two weeks with a job starting in january. i'm single, living at home and working a decent job - affording the IS was not too difficult at 3.9% financing and after a decent downpayment...

well one of my parents' friends says to them, "gee it took me 50 years to get my first lexus." Another said, "Wow sure looks like his job is paying off quick"

SHUTUP :bitching: Just because I'm single and can afford to quasi-splurge on a decently priced car doesn't mean you freaking have to make me out to be some spoiled rich punk. It's not my problem that you rushed off to get married at the age of 19 and have been blowing all your money on your wife instead of cool toys since then. Do old people just not understand that this car is a standout in the lexus line?? Do they really think it costs $60k like the LS430?!? Granted it's a nice car, but it just pisses me off how that name carries so much pompous fluff with it... rather have it badged as a toyota i think :roll:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Oh yeh I just got a new job and people just think I got a really good job and new car because of it, not exactly the case bt they can think that
ISthree00 said:

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
ISthree00 said:
ZaKapitan said:

actually, your parents are subsidising your lifestyle so you're not really paying for it on your own, so no need to pat your own back ther hoss...

why do you even care what they think? :roll:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
s0yb0mb said:
ISthree00 said:
ZaKapitan said:

actually, your parents are subsidising your lifestyle so you're not really paying for it on your own, so no need to pat your own back ther hoss...

why do you even care what they think? :roll:
i don't care any more, just seeing if anyone else was getting the same stuff...

and so i don't have to pay rent because i live with the rents... i busted my balls for 4 years in college and got a good job in i-banking. starting in january i'll be working 65-85 hours a week (volatile schedules...) so as far as i'm concerned, i've earned this car and i'm gonna continue working hard to pay for it.

point taken and understood, just tellin ya i'm not the one that gets everything handed to him on a silver platter. it's all good 8)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
16 Participants
frylai
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing