Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for exhaust systems, but i only like angled exhausts. So with that stated can you guys recommend some exhausts to look into thanks.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
apexi n1 and hks hiper/carbon-ti.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
JIC Full Titanium axel back...but, for JDM rear bumpers only...or you can modify it like what I did to mines...

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
I recommend HKS Hiper. :approve:

·
Registered
18 Posts
That doesnt look angled though? The HKS is a really nice one, all the ones i've installed have been angled. I can get you a price

·
Registered
237 Posts
RS*R is angled also. You could check that out, but I haven't seen many members with them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know the Supra RSR is one of the best bolt ons you can get. The straightest available for the car and it RUMBLES! Dont know if it would be the same on an IS but a companies standard tends to be throughout it product's range, so it probably will be very straight and very rumbly :D

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I am looking for exhaust systems, but i only like angled exhausts. So with that stated can you guys recommend some exhausts to look into thanks.
like how much angle do you want... all the exhaust systems named have a slight angle to them not a crazy one like those systems on STIs and Evos if you want that then i don't know you might have to get a custrom fab work, and it won't look good.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
That doesnt look angled though? The HKS is a really nice one, all the ones i've installed have been angled. I can get you a price
The JDM JIC Full Ti is a angled exhaust. Just that the "angle" of the pictures I have taken doesn't show it. JIC parts for the majority is just mainly for JDM vehicles. This exhaust was meant for the Altezza from Japan. Just an FYI to you sir.

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
Custom. You can angle it and design it however you want.

Works just the same as other exhausts and a fraction of the price.

Only down side is you can't brag about it in your signature like most people on here like to do with their mods...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
how about the hks hi power exhaust, i know it is a axle back exhaust but does anyone have pictures or have opinions about this exhaust

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
HKS seems to be the standard around here for angled exhuast. Apexi's N1 exhaust is also nice.

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
Near ALL N1 canister exhausts are angled.

Only a few come to mind that aren't.

Exhausts that are too angled look gay.

Don't be gay.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Go with a Greddy EVO 2... just installed one and it sounds really deep with a nice tone..

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
i really like your exhaust. and what is the gain on power for this exhaust and where did you find that carbon fiber piece on your rear bumper or is it just custom made ?? i'd like to find the cf piece for my rear bumper.
Thanks Mr Wong! But, I sold the exhaust to JOE$. I loved this exhaust! Was truely a JDM piece. Was just the axel back only and was around $700-900 just for the axel back! The thing only weighs 6lbs only! Full Titanium all the way around. I don't know what the gains are but, notice that I lost a bit of high end power since I went back to stock. But, did manage to gain low end back though. :p

Here is where I got the CF rear bumper exhaust guard:
https://www.rhdjapan.com/home/products/product_detail.php?int_product_id=2854

Hope this helps man!

·
Registered
579 Posts
i have the hks hiper. by itself its got a low rumble, but its real quiet. so if youre going for a bit louder id go with a ypipe and header too.

btw for reference, my idle is quieter than a stock 350z, almost silent

·
Registered
478 Posts
Thanks Mr Wong! But, I sold the exhaust to JOE$. I loved this exhaust! Was truely a JDM piece. Was just the axel back only and was around $700-900 just for the axel back! The thing only weighs 6lbs only! Full Titanium all the way around. I don't know what the gains are but, notice that I lost a bit of high end power since I went back to stock. But, did manage to gain low end back though. :p

Here is where I got the CF rear bumper exhaust guard:
https://www.rhdjapan.com/home/products/product_detail.php?int_product_id=2854

Hope this helps man!
thank You!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts