Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
dollar_bill_great_seal2.jpg Since about 7:30 AM Eastern Time, we've been watching the Lexus Pressroom for arguably the last major missing piece of information on the 2006 Lexus IS250 and IS350: the prices. Surprisingly, Lexus did an "end run" around us and first released them on Yahoo! Finance instead. Fortunately, my.IS members tonyarous and DingDingDao found them simultaneously at 10:01 AM, barely an hour after their official release, <A HREF="http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=269264">in this once separate but now merged discussion thread.</A>
<P>It seems that Lexus Vice President and General Manager Bob Carter was indeed correct when he said how pleasantly surprised we'd be with the numbers. Here are the highlights of the pricing press release:
<P>Manufacturers suggested retail price (MSRP) is $29,990 for the IS 250 rear-wheel drive with the six-speed manual transmission. The 2006 IS 250 includes $5,000 of additional standard equipment with only a $255 increase over the previous model. The IS 250 rear-wheel drive with six-speed sequential automatic transmission MSRP is $31,160 and includes Formula One- inspired steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters. The IS 250 all-wheel drive MSRP is $34,285 and, in addition to the above features, includes a perforated leather-trimmed interior upgrade with heated and ventilated front seats and wood trim.
<P>The IS 350, the fastest sport sedan in the near luxury car segment, MSRP is $35,440. Its highly tuned 3.5-liter engine delivers a best-in-class 306 horsepower and 277 lb.-ft. of torque, resulting in the quickest zero-to-60 mph time of any competitor sport sedan.
<P>In the other notable news on that press release, that 0-60 time for the IS350, by the way, has been officially upgraded from the originally quoted 5.6 seconds to an even faster 5.3 seconds. For even more good news, the official launch date has been moved up slightly, from the Monday 17 October originally quoted by Bob Carter to this coming Friday 14 October. Further, 10-way power driver's and passenger's seats have been added to the standard equipment list, following in the footsteps of the sunroof and leather seats.
<P>For the full text of the press release, <A HREF="http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/051011/latu048.html?.v=30">click here.</A>

Reactions: O3

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lexus.com car configurator

I hope they will update the website so we can start exploring options. I, for one, am anxious to start checking little boxes...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Amazingly sweet pricing. Puts to rest a lot of peoples worries. Now we will see how closely dealers adhere to MSRP for the first few months...

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
Wow. This is shocking. I figured it would be at least $40k. I'm curious to see how "options" pan out on the IS350.

·
Registered
5 Posts
lucky guys

The UK story..............from Lexus UK website:
<P>The New IS series comprises the 2.5 litre petrol IS 250 saloons available from 19th November 2005 and the 2.2 litre IS 220d diesel powered saloons available from January 2006. <BR>The IS 250 saloon comes in three versions: the entry level IS 250, the IS 250 SE and the IS 250 SE-L. The IS 250 Sport will be available in the UK from April 2006. <BR>The IS 220d will be available from January 2006 in the entry level IS 220d, the IS 220d SE and the IS 220d SE-L. The IS 220d Sport will be available from April 2006.
<P>IS 250IS Entry level with 16" wheels! :( (All for £22400 = $39200)

<P>So the UK pays the same for the lowest spec 250 model as the US pays for the 350.

<P>If Lexus UK wants to take the p*** then we will take the business elsewhere

<P>Fabric seats!!!!<BR>
Cruise control<BR>
Front and rear electric windows<BR>
Climate Control with clean air filter<BR>
Leather steering wheel and gearknob<BR>
Front and rear armrest<BR>
Green tinted rear side and rear screen glass<BR>
Windshield de-icer<BR>
In-dash multi-information display<BR>
LED interior illumination<BR>

<P>Sunroof Optional !!!!!!!

<P>Multimedia Pack (05 DVD based Sat Nav; 7" VGA screen; Mark Levinson Audio [14 speakers; 5.1 sound surround; 6 DVD changer]; Bluetooth connectivity; Rear Park Assist Monitor) Optional !!!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
So in the UK it’ll be about<BR>
17,121.91 + (VAT) = £20,120 for the Manual<BR>
17,790.74 + (VAT) = £20,090 for the Auto<BR>
19,574.96 + (VAT) = £23,000 for the 4x4

<P>Sounds pretty damn good!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Factory option packages?

Does anyone have any information on the factory packages? I want to know how much ML/NAV and other options are. I hope they change the site soon so I can configure one!

<P>jC

·
Registered
86 Posts
Pricing

Base 250 RWD 30K<BR>
Loaded 250 with all the whistles 50k.<BR>
"Dealer Extras" will probably up these a little bit.

<P>Tis true,<BR>
zoup

edit: mistype
obviously I meant that the 350 with all the bells = USD$ 50K

1 - 11 of 11 Posts