Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks all I can say is that the Solar Yellow IS attracts bugs! yes you heard me BUGS! I dont know if it is the weather or what I wish I had a cam handy. I will get some pics and show you what I mean it's quite comical they where all over the IS and simply ignoring other parked cars I couldnt even wash my car in peace. They kept buzzing and basking on the IS. They look like ants with wings I have never experienced this before with any other car. Does anyone down in southern areas experience this that owns a yellow IS???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,269 Posts
I have that same MO FO problems.........bugs all over my car........like flying ants or somethign............haven't had that on any other car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Its true. And its even worse if you use a "fragrant" car shampoo (although I'm not saying it smells particularly flowery).

Originally posted by Kel3:
Folks all I can say is that the Solar Yellow IS attracts bugs! yes you heard me BUGS! I dont know if it is the weather or what I wish I had a cam handy. I will get some pics and show you what I mean it's quite comical they where all over the IS and simply ignoring other parked cars I couldnt even wash my car in peace. They kept buzzing and basking on the IS. They look like ants with wings I have never experienced this before with any other car. Does anyone down in southern areas experience this that owns a yellow IS???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
haha?
really??
well.. i love solar yellows, but maybe too attractive for me..
anyway.. never have the problem with my SBM, hehe. maybe the yellow after all is too bright!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
631 Posts
Ants with wings? It is the time of year for termite swarms, which is marked by large numbers of winged males and females leaving a nest to find other sites to establish.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,874 Posts
Congratulations Guys! You have just learned why yellow is such a common color in nature, ..especially common in flowers. Through the eyes of a bug, yellow is very attractive. This helps flowers attract bugs to help it pollinate or to be pollinated. Pretty cool, huh?

Just think of it this way ...your solar yellow IS is so attractive, it even attracts mother nature. You gotta love that!


IS300_white
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,445 Posts
haha hell yea.....bugs make love to my car.

and when i drive to fast..BUGS all over my damn bumper.

afer i wash my car...bugs are on it. you can blow em away case the wax is so slick the fall off hehe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Must be the color, b/c I got hoes crawlin through the windows of my SBM! Then again, no one here has even seen this car before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,494 Posts
Originally posted by markd:
Then again, no one here has even seen this car before.

I know what you mean. When I go back home to my parents house in Michigan everyone looks at my car because they haven't seen one before. Kinda funny I think.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
11,061 Posts
I figure the yellow and that new red are gonna attract the bugs...big time. They LOVE those bright primary colors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Where in Michigan do you drive to?
Originally posted by is300girl:

I know what you mean. When I go back home to my parents house in Michigan everyone looks at my car because they haven't seen one before. Kinda funny I think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Funny that a similar thread recently showed up on S2000online.com Lots of guys with Spa yellow S2K's are having a hard time with the bugs. It is especially annoying for us (since we have the tops down).

Love the yellow IS. Can't wait to see a manual transmission.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,494 Posts
Originally posted by markd:
Where in Michigan do you drive to?
My parents live in southwest lower Michigan. Niles to be exact. It's pretty close to the Indiana border actually.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,938 Posts
Topic: AND I thought the Is300 attracted WOMEN......

Well maybe they were female bugs, if that makes ya feel better
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
503 Posts
That is a typical problem with Yellow cars. It's something you probably should have known though. Damn those dealers, they never tell ya $hit. But, I already knew what to expect and I would never get rid of my Yellow!
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top