Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of a friend has a dealers liscence and he went down to the auctions in PA. He bought a Brand New IS for 10,400 dollars. It was a Stolen Recovery. The only thing it was missing was the airbags and some peices of the dash. After all said and done he put about 4,000 into it. How about them apples. The car only has like 4,000 miles on it too.

------------------
Everyone needs a little New York in them!!!!
01 SBM 17" OEM Chrome

·
Registered
160 Posts
Lucky Guy. I need to start hitting up some auctions and get another one.

------------------
Rollin' Phat IS300 (Auburn Sky Pearl)

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I posted something like this in Jan. some lil ripe young kid pulled all the money he had in his shoe box and bought a recovered theft IS for 15k!!!!! It's the Only other IS in my town...It has a Salvage title though hehehehe

Cheers!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Originally posted by Kel3:
I posted something like this in Jan. some lil ripe young kid pulled all the money he had in his shoe box and bought a recovered theft IS for 15k!!!!! It's the Only other IS in my town...It has a Salvage title though hehehehe

Cheers!
Wow, I'm shocked so many IS's have been stolen already... Thats really good thinking though, although these cars have salvaged titles, most IS's are so new, you can bet they run just fine... Just don't bother trying to re-sell it

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Nelly!! this one was hit in the quater panel and rear so he fixed it up...It wont ever feel like a new IS and the warranty is shot to hell so I know what this kid is gonna do in a few months....two words.......INSURANCE JOB!!! and collect about 25k after slavage title/mileage percentage has been taken out..thats how they do it!

Cheers!

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
was it manheim? let me know, thanks

Originally posted by Lexisny:
A friend of a friend has a dealers liscence and he went down to the auctions in PA. He bought a Brand New IS for 10,400 dollars. It was a Stolen Recovery. The only thing it was missing was the airbags and some peices of the dash. After all said and done he put about 4,000 into it. How about them apples. The car only has like 4,000 miles on it too.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey Lexi;
something does not add up. If all the damage that the car had was the airbag and some console damage, the insurance company would have repaired it instead of auction it. HMMMM...something does not smell right!

------------------
AD ASTRA PER ASPERA Silver,Graphite, Black
Fully Loaded

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
Stolen recovery means the car was stolen, the insurance paid the owners, then the car was recovered, and the insurance company has to sell it to recover some of the costs.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Taino:
Hey Lexi;
something does not add up. If all the damage that the car had was the airbag and some console damage, the insurance company would have repaired it instead of auction it. HMMMM...something does not smell right!

Yea I agree something doesn't smell right at all. I really don't all the details about the car, maybe it was an insurence scam, or something else. You never really know where these auctions get these cars from or how!!!

As far as if it was Manheim i don't I will find out though.

------------------
01 SBM 17" OEM Chrome

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
thanks, i appreciate it.

As far as if it was Manheim i don't I will find out though.

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Lexisny.... let go get our own stolen recovery's and make some $$$

------------------
  • Formerly "rarjoon (517 posts)" Still Cruisin NYC in my SBM.
  • Working on my 96 Chevy S10/350 Conversion race truck. -- Syclone 2
  • Killed Chevy S10 project... will use truck as my daily driver, and focus on tuning my IS

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
www.autotrader.com

go under is300 and under 30k. u will see some totals that are for sale

·
Registered
114 Posts
DAHH...REALY!!
Originally posted by DonCorleone:
Stolen recovery means the car was stolen, the insurance paid the owners, then the car was recovered, and the insurance company has to sell it to recover some of the costs.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
Originally posted by Taino:
DAHH...REALY!!
Duh, and that means sometimes the cars will be sold at auction with little or no damage. Duh gee cletus, if yer so smart why can't you see that either; damage or no damage, after the ins company pays the owner, the car is considered salvaged.
friggin genius i tell ya.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sure, when they are repos,and many still have leans on the title (Willy Coyote)! It must be sun or those brown outs that are getting to you...Hey you stupid smiley legends are not working.
Originally posted by DonCorleone:
Duh, and that means sometimes the cars will be sold at auction with little or no damage. Duh gee cletus, if yer so smart why can't you see that either; damage or no damage, after the ins company pays the owner, the car is considered salvaged.
friggin genius i tell ya.

[This message has been edited by Taino (edited March 23, 2001).]

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by IS300GTE:
was it manheim? let me know, thanks

no it was IAA. Not manheim

------------------
01 SBM 17" OEM Chrome

1 - 18 of 18 Posts