Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was looking into getting the front of my car "clear bra'd"
Found a company called aeroshield that sells pre-cut pieces for the stock front bumper, hood, fenders and side view mirrors for 89.95USD

A bargain! but we'd have to install ourselves. Can't be that hard right?!?!?!

Only problem is that I've got the Carson Tuned front and they wanted to charge me something like $350USD for it. Kinda nuts.

Have any of you done it? Where? hhow long, how much? and are you happy with it?

·
Registered
76 Posts
1) I think installing a clearbra is a pretty difficult and time-consuming task. In addition, I believe it requires a certain amount of heating and stretching to fit perfectly. If you try to do it yourself, it is possible that you could leave bubbles, and the edges may be short or overshot.

2) $350 is actually not that bad a price, if it includes both the pieces and installation, especially considering you're asking for a custom piece (as opposed to a predesigned piece for stock parts). An installation on a basic install should cost somewhere around $250-300.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Did you talk to digger? I know he has had his Carson bumper completly covered in that, probably not cheap but when I get new bumper or repaint mine in the spring I will definetly do it.

Stope chips stuck.

·
Registered
568 Posts
$350 is a really good price. I had it installed just on my hood of my old car and it was $210.00.

·
Registered
444 Posts
A guy at my work does it with the good 3m stuff. I dont know hom much he charges but pm me if you want me to ask how much. I know it comes on a roll and he cuts it. It is very to do it yourself so I dont really think you could diy.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Does your buddy have the yellow blue or green films also?
thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts