Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my safc2 header installed and dynoed today......and with my injen gen 2 intake, hp racing exhuast, and xerd race pipe....i hit 199.9 ill post the dyno sheet later on today or tomorrow morning!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a 02 auto.....with 20000+ miles...i dont know the exact number of hp from the exhaust but id say something around 5-7

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ouch, that's depressing.

$2700 on top of the purchase price just to get 200whp hurts! Oh well, guess most of us didn't buy these for outright speed anyway...

Curious about one thing from the originator of this thread and IS300 owners in general:

I have an S-AFC2 on my Talon, but I didn't really need one until I got deep into the 12's and slapped on a bigger-than-stock turbo. I would not have thought to do so on my 15-sec N/A IS300, so is the trend to put these on early spawned by Bling Bling factor or do our cars benefit greatly from A/F tuning with only limited mods? Oh, I guess the 3rd alternative would be that everyone who gets one early expects to continue modding the car heavily and knows they'll eventually need the S-AFC. Which is the case?

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Further proof that bolt-ons really arent worth it. Save your money folks.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Re: Ouch, that's depressing.

DSMCA-1 said:
$2700 on top of the purchase price just to get 200whp hurts! Oh well, guess most of us didn't buy these for outright speed anyway...

Curious about one thing from the originator of this thread and IS300 owners in general:

I have an S-AFC2 on my Talon, but I didn't really need one until I got deep into the 12's and slapped on a bigger-than-stock turbo. I would not have thought to do so on my 15-sec N/A IS300, so is the trend to put these on early spawned by Bling Bling factor or do our cars benefit greatly from A/F tuning with only limited mods? Oh, I guess the 3rd alternative would be that everyone who gets one early expects to continue modding the car heavily and knows they'll eventually need the S-AFC. Which is the case?
If you are using an intake on an IS other than the SRT w/ecu you will probably be losing horsepower until you get the S-AFC it's the only way to get full potential out of your mods.

·
Chocolate Goodness
34,363 Posts
thegreatjp2k said:
i got my safc2 header installed and dynoed today......and with my injen gen 2 intake, hp racing exhuast, and xerd race pipe....i hit 199.9 ill post the dyno sheet later on today or tomorrow morning!
What the hell are you doing posting in GF???

Get back to the PL you jackass! :pissed:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Trovador said:
thegreatjp2k said:
What the hell are you doing posting in GF???

Get back to the PL you jackass! :pissed:
meh....blast you trov

1 - 12 of 12 Posts