Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend just told me about an incident that happened on carson street for those of you who know it. its near torrance(wherie live). turns out thsi genius nick shroeder was driving 90mph down carson and the genius hits a lamppost. he kills his friend, paralyzes one girl in the back, and the other girl with him breaks her jaw. he's in jail. what kind of car was he driving? guess what...it was our greatest enemy, THE SUV! the...THING that can't corner for crap! i mean yes its sad and all, but if it were me, i'd go up to this guy in jail and call him a stupid f*ck for doing something stupid like that on a surface street. another statistic to add to the "SUVs are more dangerous than cars" list.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
what about that honda civic that spun outta control and ended upside down and sent a wheel flying towards my friend last month?
teenage stupidity, malfunctioning car, whatever it was it wasn't something to make light of and say "I told you so!" or "your cars are crap" good thing my friend didnt get hit.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah its no laughing manner but sometimes people just do stupid things and i just want to tell them they're incredibly retarded! i mean yeah speed is cool...but stay safe and don't get killed. i guess its another reminder taht life is precious

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
oh, i got a good one... like two months ago my friend was making a left hand turn on a two way street and some idiot in a purple celica racing crossed onto the wrong side of the street to try and cut someone else off and rammed right into my friend, hit him on the drivers side in the back, rear door couldnt be opened, whole side of car had to be replaced (mazda 626, they use a single panel for the whole side) whats worse, the stupid bitch drove off...good thing he lived down the street, they just followed the trail of parts to the morons house. turned out it was his sisters celica and he took it when she was sleeping...they took away dudes license and his sister had some things to say too...and this was down the street from the highschool and right after school so there was pedestrians everywhere. yes this was the same guy who almost got his head taken off when a honda civic spun into a tree. thing is we saw his ass driving around on cruise night the other day...

·
Registered
92 Posts
heres a story for the forum.
16 year old has his license for 4 months, drives overconfidently, looses contol in a 99' GS300, runs into a stone embankment on a curvy road, totaled. what a way to find out that "straights are for fast cars, curves are for fast drivers"

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Hey clambake,

I suppose you think that guns jump out of drawers, load themselves and start shooting people? The SUV being an inanimate object was simply a "tool" that some idiot used improperly. As far as the real enemy, hey I know you are only twelve, i believe you said he is in jail. My wife drives an SUV to protect her and my children from bonehead drivers.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
okay well an SUV makes it much easier for a bonehead to do something stupid. its like giving an idiot a shotgun to kill someone with instead of a knife...bad analogy, you knwo waht imean

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey mr clam isn't he being charged with manslaughter? I think that might be my friend's cousin. And mr clam ... can you blame him, carson street is a good straight-away :), just maybe not good to use it in a SUV

·
Registered
239 Posts
as long as those stupid drivers stay away from me, my family, my friends, other innocent bystanders and drivers let them kill themselves i really don't give a f*ck as long as they keep away

·
Registered
654 Posts
I think there is a general feeling of dissent for the SUV because of the fact that they take up too much damn space and the higher risk of doing something really stupid, like doing 90 and not being able to avoid a lamp post, or flipping over, or cornering correctly. If you want to drive in something that's safe, drive a luxury car (if you weigh over two tons and have a low center of gravity then you should be pretty safe), not the SUV, which is as safe as a tank, but doesn't handle as well.

·
Registered
138 Posts
My mom drives a rx300 and its a very nice suv. If u drive it normal style and NOT go 90 and NOT try to corner going 60,its a fine car. very luxurious and comfortable. just depends on how people drive their suvs

1 - 18 of 18 Posts