Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...I've searched to try to find the answer to this in clear terms, but I decided I would just ask flat out...

I'm swapping out my 3 10" JL subs for two 15"s and want to know how to wire them

I will be using a JL 1000/1

My subs have are Dual Voice Coil 4 ohms...

They have an RMS rating of 600, 1200 peak, but I wanna push them with only 500 watts...

Will I wire them in parellel to achieve this?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Ok...I've searched to try to find the answer to this in clear terms, but I decided I would just ask flat out...

I'm swapping out my 3 10" JL subs for two 15"s and want to know how to wire them

I will be using a JL 1000/1

My subs have are Dual Voice Coil 4 ohms...

They have an RMS rating of 600, 1200 peak, but I wanna push them with only 500 watts...

Will I wire them in parellel to achieve this?
so... your amp is... 1000 W RMS @ 1.5 ohm - 4 ohm (11V-14.5V)
With a 4 ohm load your amp will push out 1000 watts... then wire it like this picture. put all the (+) together on each subs and then put all the (-) together on each sub.

Do not do it like this... your amp will go into protection mode

Edit: yes... you are going to have to wire them up in a parallel parallel... that will give each sub 500 watts rms like you wanted them to

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
uh....no, lyk. what you said above "put all the (+) together on each subs and then put all the (-) together on each sub" describes the second diagram...not the first.

Jumpshot7, you have to wire not in parallel-parallel, but series-parallel. wire each of the two voice coils on each sub in SERIES...this will put each sub as an 8 ohm load. then wire the two subs together in PARALLEL to have the two subs together as a 4 ohm load. just like this pic says.

·
Registered
432 Posts
uh....no, lyk. what you said above "put all the (+) together on each subs and then put all the (-) together on each sub" describes the second diagram...not the first.

Jumpshot7, you have to wire not in parallel-parallel, but series-parallel. wire each of the two voice coils on each sub in SERIES...this will put each sub as an 8 ohm load. then wire the two subs together in PARALLEL to have the two subs together as a 4 ohm load. just like this pic says.

oh crud... youre right, i wasn't thinking. I posted so quick that i told him the 1 ohm wiring lmao i hope he didnt wire it up yet.

but yeh do the picture that states 4 ohms... parallel series

1 - 4 of 4 Posts