Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today, i parked out back of where i work like i usually do at 9am. my cousins w/ identical cars to me arrived there at 10 to get ready for our cross country trip to SAC CALIFORNIA. Around 12, this guy who knows my dad comes in and asks where my dad is.(i work for my parents) i told him that my dad is not in yet. he starts screaming in my face to stop bullshittins to him before he "beats the shit out of me". i told him to leave before i call the po-pos. he starts leaving when, im right behind him to go awnser the phone and he turns around and swings a good one at my face that landed. so i took him to the groung and went to work on his ugly face until one of my cousins pulls me off so the other one can throw him outside. after he left, my dad arrived, and we told him about it. then at around 1, UPS came with our iFORGED shoes that weve been waiting for, so we throw them onto my dads truck to go to the local Town Fair Tire for some Nittos and have the rims mounted on our cars. Once the rims were on the truck, we headed out back only to see metal stripes on our 3 beautiful cars :whine: :pissed: :whine: :pissed: :whine: . we found a broken corona bottle and figured it was use in the vandalizing of our cars. we called the cops for a report and gave the assholes name, address and phone number and such. this isnt the first time he vandalized my family's cars either. back in June 2000, my parents bought a 4runner and he keyed it after a fight with my dad about 2 weeks after we bought it. Looks like our cars are going to be Candy Apple Red now. fuckin' asshole ruined my whole trip. i called my painter and he said it would cost 5500 each car to have it painted C.A.R. and 500 extra to paint interior, trunk, and engine bay.should i pay the extra?
ps, we were heading down to sac to go house hunting so my family can move down there away from the nasty winters.
and can someone tell me how much a stock paint job costs...i.e. how much insurance will give me?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Pending on your insurance policy....you either have to pay 250, 500, or 1000 for deductible, and they will cover the rest.

Or you can sue that guy that did it, and have him pay for it.

Btw....how old are you?

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
What kind of business is that, where a guy comes in and punches people?

Insurance should pay what it costs for a same color stock paint job. Maybe $3000?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good thing my deductible is only 100 dollars. i think i might trade in my car for a tundra double cab when it comes out IF i dont move to cali. its too much trouble here. this is the second incident to my car and it breaks my heart.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I don't think your insurance will pay for a custom paint job, just to repaint the same color like bartkat said. As far as painting the door jams, trunk and engine compartment, that is a must if you're gonna pay $5500 what's an extra $500 to keep you car from looking ghetto.

·
Registered
107 Posts
:pissed: :pissed: unreal, that really makes me mad..although I dont know why the guy had problems with your father...

yeah I agree, go the insurance route, or sue the friggin guy and get the C.A.R color...but that might go on forever...insurance might be the quicker route

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we (my cousins who also got their cars scraped and i) are still deciding if we should just stick with insurance and sue the guy for deductible(my cousins are 500 each) or just sue him for the whole damn thing, i know he will retaliate either thing we do. either way ia am painting my car Candy Apple Red, my cousins are painting Candy Apple Blue, and the one with very little money is going with Diamond Pearl White. (cool huh...Red, White and Blue)all today my cousins were always with me to make sure i dont go and shoot the guy in the head.
saiyanzzrage: he has nothing with my dad...at least none that i know of right now. i did beat the shit out of him a couple months ago for group beating my uncle and calling the coops on my dad for vandalizing his house(which my dad DID NOT do)

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
SeXiLeXi said:
we (my cousins who also got their cars scraped and i) are still deciding if we should just stick with insurance and sue the guy for deductible(my cousins are 500 each) or just sue him for the whole damn thing, i know he will retaliate either thing we do. either way ia am painting my car Candy Apple Red, my cousins are painting Candy Apple Blue, and the one with very little money is going with Diamond Pearl White. (cool huh...Red, White and Blue)all today my cousins were always with me to make sure i dont go and shoot the guy in the head.
saiyanzzrage: he has nothing with my dad...at least none that i know of right now. i did beat the sh*t out of him a couple months ago for group beating my uncle and calling the coops on my dad for vandalizing his house(which my dad DID NOT do)
jesus, you guys got a family feud going on. It may be hard to sue him unless you got proof that it was him that did it. You and everyone else may assume and know that it was him but you need to prove to a court that it was him and that would be pretty hard to do unless he left some finger prints on the bottle and there is paint from your car on the glass or you got an eye witness.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well...today my car and the one that will be candy blue was dropped off at the shop. my car will get: 3 coats of 24k gold, 1 coat of translucent red, 5 coats of clear. the blue one: 2 coats of 24k gold, 1 coat of translucent electric blue, 3 coats of clear. Damn our cars are going to be a bitch if touchup is needed!!! Every part of the car that was once TCM will be painted over...which includes engine bay, all the interior even if its not going to be seen, the trunk even though it will not be seen, the door jambs, and some other place. There will be absolutely no overspray on the bottom of the car. The cars will be ready next Friday.
The other car that got scraped will be dropped off this Friday to be also be done next Friday and will be painted ? number of coats Lexus Diamond Pearl White and 2 clears. The painter said it usually isnt Clear Coated.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, today i went to see how the job was going to see my car not started but my cousins with all the plastic, leather, carpet and motor sitting outside the car which was primed black. i took my car home because i needed it for personal reasons and will be dropping it off when we go to pick up the blue car. the white car is will be taken to different shop.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Po Dunk said:
you're full of sh*t.

Callin you out like a mudafucka. Let's see some pics of you "car"

You even copied the fockin title of someone else's thread.
http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13355923
If you would look at the dates of the posts, you would see that sexilexi was posted first. :chill:

SeXiLeXi
.NET Lurker

Posted: 08 Aug 2003 19:12 Post subject: amazing what a piece of glass can do

Lexotic Concepts
.NET Lurker
Location: CT Posted: 09 Aug 2003 12:01 Post subject: amazing what a crow bar can do

·
Registered
81 Posts
Oh. My bad.

I still think he's either pulling insurance jobs left and right or is 16 years old and drives a cavelier and only wishes he had a real car.

Come on. Who gets a brand new 03 is300 and already has all that stuff, had his car stripped, and insurance gave him what? 10k? Not to mention he happened to have 10k in his pocket? You guys are so damn gullible to believe him.

Iforged rims? From what I was reading before it takes 8-10 months to get a set of those.

I haven't seen his car around my area, and I live in the town that his car was stripped. I work and live in the area. I do a lot of driving for work. Not once, did I see a "Candy Apple Red" is300.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Po Dunk said:
Oh. My bad.

I still think he's either pulling insurance jobs left and right or is 16 years old and drives a cavelier and only wishes he had a real car.

Come on. Who gets a brand new 03 is300 and already has all that stuff, had his car stripped, and insurance gave him what? 10k? Not to mention he happened to have 10k in his pocket? You guys are so damn gullible to believe him.

Iforged rims? From what I was reading before it takes 8-10 months to get a set of those.

I haven't seen his car around my area, and I live in the town that his car was stripped. I work and live in the area. I do a lot of driving for work. Not once, did I see a "Candy Apple Red" is300.
1. my car was previously TCM
2. i dont live in woburn
3. what are you doing dissing me, n00b?

·
Registered
81 Posts
SeXiLeXi said:
1. my car was previously TCM
2. i dont live in woburn
3. what are you doing dissing me, n00b?
1. Repaint after your 10k insurance settlement?
2. Your car was in woburn on a flatbed or something when it got stripped? WTF? I know woburn. Even though it's not beverly hills that kinda stuff just don't happen much there.
3. Dissin you? Pics man. Just post pics. Then I'll shut up and congratulate you on a great car. Otherwise, me and others will still think you drive a chevy blazer.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Oh, here's the post you made...

SeXiLeXi said:
putting my car up on jackstands on the trailer when you took my rims,

you took out my head unit and jdm dash kit w/o scratching anything.

oh, i was parked in front of my cousin's house in woburn Mass, and it was on a trailer because

and in my glove bax was 10g's cash(mine for boost) and under the seat was another 5g's cash(my cousins)

18x7 and 19x8.5 iFORGED rims are ordered, stockers are being used in the meantime

Someone stripped your car and left you with jackstands?
Someone took out the head unit and dash kit w/o scratching anything? Who did this? Most dealers scratch this...only a few people who know the car specifically know how to do it well.

10g's 5g's? You're just sketchy

and Iforged ordered in July...yet it's August and you have them already? All else aside, that is the most BS of them all.

prove it with a pic.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts