Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
13,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check out the NAV install my installer just did. he mounted the screen completely under the felt/dash area. it's a SWEEEEET install!

click HERE for pictures!

if you want to see a video of the screen in action click on the link in my signature. then click on the is300 screen install link!

description of the pictures:
DVD player = picture of the dvd mounted under the stereo. customized made to be flush with the stock stereo. the two buttons are for the screen and dvd. the left button motorizes the screen up and down and right button is for the dvd player.

Screen Install = screen completely down.

Screen Install Slighty Up = screen half way up

Screen Install Completely Up = screen competely up. notice that the felt is mounted to the screen for that stock look!

RCA buttons = picture of the trac button relocated into the ashtray. the three buttons are the rca buttons in case you want to add a playstation or something else.

RCA buttons 02 = same as rca buttons picture

mad props to chris for the install! ENJOY!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks good. Some questions.

BTW- your yahoo albums are empty.

1. What manufacturer? Kenwood? Alpine?
2. How much?
3. Where are you? (obviously not Texas since heated seats are impossible to find here)
4. Controlled with that remote? Joystick based? Similar to the OE 2002 system?

·
2,909 Posts
Great job! That is quite a feat to have taken on, and it looks as if it is 100%. I want to do the same. Excellent!

·
13,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Bruce:
Looks good. Some questions.

BTW- your yahoo albums are empty.

1. What manufacturer? Kenwood? Alpine?
2. How much?
3. Where are you? (obviously not Texas since heated seats are impossible to find here)
4. Controlled with that remote? Joystick based? Similar to the OE 2002 system?

1. alpine dvd player, screen and nav system
2. customization alone was cloe to $2000
3. read my signature and you'll know where i am. this car didn't have the heated seats in them.
4. alpine nav system controlled by the alpine remote control.

·
Registered
38 Posts
cyclopsjack,

what exact model of alpine did you use. also did the air conditioning vents get in the way. I'm gonna do the install mysels so i just want to know what the custimization consisted of

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just wanted to bring this thread back. Seems like everyone is talking about this, and this is the answer to putting a motorized screen. If oneeyedjack is around, I have some questions for you, first of all where did you get it installed, becuase I cannot find it on your signature, and how do you actually re-route the trac button, or what kind of place could do this?

Thanks for your help,

Mike T.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=0 CELLSPACING=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD COLSPAN=2><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD><FONT SIZE=-1>
On 2002-02-17 16:07, EyeS wrote:
This is one of the cleanest installs I've ever seen!

What happened to the seat warmer buttons?
</FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD COLSPAN=2><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Looks like the car did not come with heated seats. Anyways that is a dope setup!!!

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
nate, i dont check the gen anymore (once in awhile). now that i did and this thread popped up, i must say wow. why did you decide to switch setups?

·
Registered
865 Posts
nicest installation i have seen yet! congrats man. Might be time to upgrade to a DVD system in the car with that setup...

·
Registered
66 Posts
absolutely incredible install. you should be proud. that is my exact idea, i am having 404 motorsports in atlanta do the identical install in mine in about two weeks, i hope it turns out as sweet as yours did. :grin:

·
Registered
944 Posts
thats damn good installation of the screen.

and the relocation of trac to ash tray is nice!!

VERY NICE.. worth every penny !!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
18 Participants
jlo
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing