Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Latex salesman
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my heart set on the silver CF overlay kit from Carson Toyota for my IS300. I called Luis and I was so pleased that they were offering the kit for $135 then my heart sank when he told me that there are no more silver CF kits.

That's when I contacted CARiD. I sent them a link to the Carson site asking if they could provide something similar and I worked with Jon Frattini from CARiD. Let me tell you folks, he was able to contact the manufacturer and is getting me the four silver CF pieces for $95. Now that's outstanding! :approve:
I suggest you call him if you need any accessories and he will hook you up. 800.505.3274 Ext 833

mailto:[email protected]

·
Registered
979 Posts
Post a few pics of the product after it is installed...not really groovin the overlay idea...maybe just get them cf painted.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
This kit is only for the door switches right? I thought the front passenger door overlay didnt have a hole for the lock? Has that problem been fixed?

·
Latex salesman
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, the problem has NOT been fixed nor will it ever because the company went out of business. That's why Carson was letting them go for $135 but all they had let was the dark CF. I wanted silver so I went to CARiD.

·
Latex salesman
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Received my silver CF overlay and it looks just like the set offered from Carson. I'm quite pleased.

·
Latex salesman
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't installed them yet. You want pics uninstalled and installed?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Just post some uninstalled since it could be a bit before you install...just want to see some pics other then the ones on ltuned's site...what is your plan for the missing lock hole?

·
Latex salesman
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got the pieces installed yesterday and they look pretty good. Now I remember why I didn't go with Silver CF for my entire dash kit. It would have been too busy. Just doing the four doors adds a little contrast to the silver dash kit. I will get some pictures posted soon.

·
Registered
979 Posts
^^^Ditto...they look a bit small...I am getting some stuff painted carbon fiber will post pics when I get the items back...I may just buy two new oem ones. I do really like the led lightingand metal around the speaker and storage area! How did you do the leds?

·
Latex salesman
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Speaker covers came stock with the car and the LEDs are strips that you can attach. I recommend oznium leds. They seem to be the brightest on the market.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.