Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm new to posting but have been following the forums regularly for info etc. and was curious..

I have an '02 MT MSM but it has cloth and no sunroof... I have yet to see another IS300 without either, and I look in everyone I see parked... and I live in Miami and there tons of is300's I know I can't be the ONLY one but damn..

Also I wonder about how much my IS weighs compared to what the weight on the specs listed... I'm guessing ~3100lbs.. any info would be appreciated..

·
Registered
590 Posts
There are few like you, but not many. If you do a search on "cloth interior" you'll come across some pics that have been posted in the past.

I'd estimate that your IS is about 100 lbs lighter than one with power seats and a sunroof. That's quite a weight savings. However, I love my sunroof. It's open all the time in spring, summer, fall and about 25-50% of the time in the winter.

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
No, you're not the only one. Although I only know of one here in SoCal. My buddy Lloyd aka Seadweller - - cloth interior, no sunroof...

Here's a sample pic of his ride:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Yeah a buddy of mine has an 01 over here in Chicago with cloth seats no sunroof no fogs and yeah thats about it . He bought the IS for a really good price, but it seems he's disatisfied with his IS because he's planning on getting the fogs and roof custom made. He should have just bought one with all those things included. And oh yeah, I heard the cloth seats were a special order from japan or something like that. Not sure though. But hey congrats on the rare IS.;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool I guess lol.... I dont really miss the leather but the sunroof would have been nice.. I did get mine for a really good price to, I guess I'll just live without it.

wait.. theres this thing called WINTER... whats that all about, I mean I've heard myths along with legends about mountains and snow... I just thought it was b/s...

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
my first is300 had cloth and no sunroof.

i actually prefer the cloth over the suede/leather.

i think i have had every interior. cloth, the suded and the full leather.

cloth was available with or without heated option as well in canada.

·
Domestic Reaper
3,025 Posts
I have the cloth interior, and no sunroof. Due to cold climate i like the cloth opposed to the leather because it doesn't get cold and it hold you in so much better than leather. I slide around when i drive bros car but i stick where im at in mine. Are cloth is not special order from japan however it is what came in the early year altezzas. I wanted a sunroof originally and still do but since i autox my car, not having 70 lbs up top really helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts