Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I probably am, but...

I was reversing my car out of a parking spot and went over a pothole with my left front wheel. I guess it bumped so hard, that while the wheel was turned, it clipped the inner edge of the front left fender and bent it outwards.

As this happened, previous bondo and paint work had chipped off as well. I recently had this same fender repaired in November.

Do I have any reason or right to use the body shop's 1 year guarantee of paint and body work to fix my problem, or is this due to my negligence, even though I didn't see the pothole the night before when I parked it? I honestly didn't expect my paint to chip and expose the bondo work they did...

Thanks,
Brian

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
You just answered your own question. Even tho you have a 1 yr warranty from the bodyshop, what happen is not due to their negligence or defect in their workmanship.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You just answered your own question. Even tho you have a 1 yr warranty from the bodyshop, what happen is not due to their negligence or defect in their workmanship.
The thing is...I did the exact same thing on the right side of my car, and all it did was bend the inner lip out. NO paint chipped off. I just bent it back myself.

It's all good, though. I decided to take the hit and pay $9xx for the repair.

Thanks all,
Brian

·
Premium Member
23,314 Posts
just make sure the fender does not appear to be bent in any way (bend it back if its bent) and bring it back to them...

·
Registered
854 Posts
just make sure the fender does not appear to be bent in any way (bend it back if its bent) and bring it back to them...
this is exactly what I would do! try and save a few bucks :approve:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts