Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
11,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used the "build your own Lexus" site and built an IS350 with sport package for myself. Trade in should be worth $16K. I would add 6K cash. I come up with a monthly payment that is $80 lower than my current amount...even after adding on the tax, license and title amount to the sum the site came up with. That assumes I qualify for the finance rate quoted (I have excellent credit).

What am I missing here? This does not seem possible.

That breakwater blue is lovely...

·
Registered
814 Posts
did u pay full msrp for your IS300? If you did then you paid about 37K out the door couple that with 6k (which is nothing to sneeze at) and maybe a 1-2% better rate and it's possible to have a lower rate.

·
11,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ISisBEST said:
did u pay full msrp for your IS300? If you did then you paid about 37K out the door couple that with 6k (which is nothing to sneeze at) and maybe a 1-2% better rate and it's possible to have a lower rate.
I paid under sticker, but with tax that's very close. Sales tax here sucks.

Now the insurance matter... I have an e-mail in to my agent.

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
Getting tempted, huh, Sheila? I thought you were going to wait for the convertible coupe...

·
11,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jruhi4 said:
Getting tempted, huh, Sheila? I thought you were going to wait for the convertible coupe...
Oh yeah...thanks for reminding me. You probably saved me lots of money in the long run.
I did go look at some on the lot (avoiding the sales pukes, who were busy enough)...and discovered that I really would not want the luxury package with the wood trim in the interior. That didn't do a thing for me.

·
11,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Insurance agent quoted me $1100 year on an IS350...

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
And I'm sure you can sell your SBM for over 16K so payments will even be less :if you want to deal with being a PP seller: :)

I love the IS 350. I hated it in all the pictures but after test driving a Sport Package Breakwater Blue one last week, I'm reaaaaaaaally liking it.

·
11,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
YellowIS300 said:
And I'm sure you can sell your SBM for over 16K so payments will even be less :if you want to deal with being a PP seller: :)

I love the IS 350. I hated it in all the pictures but after test driving a Sport Package Breakwater Blue one last week, I'm reaaaaaaaally liking it.
You don't know how tempted I am...but I am just about paid off on the IS300 and I REALLY need to plow some money into condo remodeling before buying another car...unfortunately. They had BETTER come up with that hardtop convertible in the near future or I'm gonna be disappointed.

...Breakwater Blue Sport Package, you said? Grrrrrrr...that was my baby.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Depends how bad u want it, but I would invest the money in remodeling the condo which pays off down the line n new IS is nice but it will depreciate unless u collect cars or don't care spending money to change cars every time a new model comes out. I like the 2nd gen IS but it is not my priority right now maybe later or something else by the time I m ready.

·
11,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fyeung04msm said:
Depends how bad u want it, but I would invest the money in remodeling the condo which pays off down the line n new IS is nice but it will depreciate unless u collect cars or don't care spending money to change cars every time a new model comes out. I like the 2nd gen IS but it is not my priority right now maybe later or something else by the time I m ready.
You're right....sigh....

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
SeattleSheila said:
You're right....sigh....
Hey how is the weather over there btw, I have relative out there n I might visit them this year n if not 4 sure b4 spring to get some skiing lessons. I have been dying 4 some ski lessons n never tried it be4 n I might like it because I do a variety of warm weather sports here in Miami, FL.

·
11,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
fyeung04msm said:
Hey how is the weather over there btw, I have relative out there n I might visit them this year n if not 4 sure b4 spring to get some skiing lessons. I have been dying 4 some ski lessons n never tried it be4 n I might like it because I do a variety of warm weather sports here in Miami, FL.
The heavens have opened (as of yesterday) and it is pissing down rain...more on the way...windy too. The Cascades got a light dusting of snow within the past week and rain down here usually means snow up there. (It's about a 90 minute drive to the ski areas from Seattle.) The skiers here in the Seattle metro area are chomping at the bit, but I don't know if the the slopes will open by Thanksgiving or not. Last year's season was horrible. They are hoping for better this year. Oh well, there's always Mt. Baker up near the Canadian border... They always have enough to ski on.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
SeattleSheila said:
Insurance agent quoted me $1100 year on an IS350...
What kind of coverages? (don't say "full coverage")
or PM me. Make sure your covered properly.

·
11,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JayMarino said:
What kind of coverages? (don't say "full coverage")
or PM me. Make sure your covered properly.
I carry $1000 deductible. Clean record. Old lady. Recreational (no regular commute). I use it for work once in a while, but I usually take the bus to work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts