Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has a 2001 330i (sport model) with 19K miles. I've got a 2002 MT IS300 with 18K miles. Now that my youngest sister has finished college, he's decided to get an M5. He told me I could have his 330 and he'd take my Lexus and trade it in when he gets the M5 - no money exchanges hands.

I told him, "No thanks, my Lex is far more fun to drive." And that is the truth. I guess I could take the 330i and trade it for a new IS but that would really violate the spirit of the offer. My dad thinks he's doing me a favor by allowing to drive have the Bimmer - the arrogance of these guys (G).

Any opinions??

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Obviously both are nice cars and I'm sure you've driven the Bimmer so in my honest opinion, its all up to you and your prefs.

Since you asked and since you are asking on a Lexus IS300 forum, then of course I gotta say KEEP THE LEX!

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
A manual IS is waaaaay more fun to drive than an auto 330i. Aesthetics are just a matter of prefference.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Re: etc

griffmac said:
No mods, both MT, both silver.
Oh...if the 330 is MT...that makes the decision a little more complicated.

If your dad really wants you to do it as a favor to him, then thats what you should do. Think of all he's done for you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You're in your late 20's and still taking handouts like you live at home?!? If you want a 3 series earn it the real way daddy's boy.

Imagine this:

Spectator: "Nice 330 man...what's your secret?"

Daddy's boy: "My really cool dad."

Spectator: "You look a little old to be a daddy's boy!"

Daddy's boy: "No! I'm only 26+."

or

Other BMW owner: "Nice bimmer...did you get yours from daddy too?"

Daddy's boy: "Yeah...we're cool!"

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Artaxerxies said:
You're in your late 20's and still taking handouts like you live at home?!? If you want a 3 series earn it the real way daddy's boy.

Imagine this:

Spectator: "Nice 330 man...what's your secret?"

Daddy's boy: "My really cool dad."

Spectator: "You look a little old to be a daddy's boy!"

Daddy's boy: "No! I'm only 26+."

or

Other BMW owner: "Nice bimmer...did you get yours from daddy too?"

Daddy's boy: "Yeah...we're cool!"
Anyone else sense a little jealousy. I DO!!! I DO!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
...spoken like a true spoiled brat who's out to defend his fellow brother....

Besides, why would I be jealous I make enough on my own to purchase both cars. Nice Try though.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You could post

a question about soup kitchens and at least 25% of the m*rons on this board would flame you.

Sorry that my father and I share an interest in cars and have a good relationship. You should keep your family issues to yourself, Artaxerxies, or at least see a shrink first.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
26 Participants
bunches of brady
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing