Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've heard nightmares about Audi electronics breaking down after just a couple years, so I'd be hesitant to drop my load on a $30k (I'm projecting they'll be around $30k in '04 for a '01 model) for a 3yr-old car.

Dope dope dope is all I have to say. Drop it just a 1/2" and chip it up, you've got a screamer.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
no you're not ..

I saw an S6 avant right out of the toll booth~

it was a soccer mom

and she left me trailing in her dust~

I think it was the older S6 as well it was kinda boxy~
but nonetheless~ it still left me trailing~

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Edmunds has a road test:
http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/roadtests/spin/45411/article.html

They note the rather hefty/sloppy handling at and above 8/10's, but aside from that they love it. If I were to go to this car I'd surely miss the good things like rain-sensing wipers, steering wheel stereo controls and that BMW driving feel... but then again I'd have 6spds and unreasonable modding ability, not to mention a car that can hang with an M3 on the highway (that's for you clam). :wink:

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I'd be in an S4 Avant if it wasn't for my current car. They rock. A tad small but killer nonetheless.

·
Registered
25 Posts
why the hell do you guys all want station wagon grocery getters??? whats wrong with the regular S4 thats not a stupid ass grocery getter??? the regular model is probably faster and handles better than a grovery getting wagon!!!

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jimcls260 said:
why the hell do you guys all want station wagon grocery getters??? whats wrong with the regular S4 thats not a stupid ass grocery getter??? the regular model is probably faster and handles better than a grovery getting wagon!!!
I love the way the wagon looks man, it's much more sleek and fluid than the sedan IMO which slopes off oddly in the back. Don't get me wrong I think the sedan shape is absolutely top-notch, but it's a little too plain and boring for me. The wagon adds that extra flare, plus there's more surface area for bright ass yellow paint. :p

·
Chocolate Goodness
34,363 Posts
jimcls260 said:
'cause the Avant holds more groceries, duh.

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
No. You're not crazy for wanting that car. But your fetish of shaved cats, dipped in shoe polish is something all-together different.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
A buddy of mine has the S6 Avant, and it is a badass car for sure. Although, the upcoming S4 will out power it I believe. The S6 has 340 horsies.
The extra space comes in handy, of course.
Put a wagon next to a sedan or coupe and base the decision solely on looks, I would never pick the wagon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
no your are not crazy. S4's and Avant's are awesome. I have had the privledge of driving a S4 Sedan, and it was damn quick, when taken to the track it was doing 12.8's and 12.9's.

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
n2o said:
no your are not crazy. S4's and Avant's are awesome. I have had the privledge of driving a S4 Sedan, and it was damn quick, when taken to the track it was doing 12.8's and 12.9's.
A friend of a friend has an S4 sedan running high 12's also. He claims over 350whp. Yowsers!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
My friend has a chipped S4 Avant. Absolutely loves the car. I have to admit... w/the chip, that thing is *really* fast.

-g

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
About this Discussion
56 Replies
26 Participants
mrclam
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing