Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmm, why is it every time there is a problem here it is an Acura owner to blame? Not so if you ask me. As far as IS300 is concerned it is in the same class as the TL so stop yelling at the CL Type-S guys every time there is a problem.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, the primary competition of the IS300 is ofcourse the BMW 3series, Audi A4, and Mercedes Benz C-class. I think that was lexus's intended competition. The Acura 3.2TL is best compared with the Lexus ES300. So... Comtechcls, tell me why you are comparing the rear drive IS300 instead of the front drive ES300 to the front drive Acura TL.... I need some logic and reasoning here....
Eric...

If you look at Dimesions (ES & TL closer in size), drivetrain (both ES & TL front drive), intentions (both ES & TL are more family cars than sports sedans).... Motor Trend and Car & Driver have used the ES300 in comparisons involving Acura TL..

[This message has been edited by EricK (edited November 08, 2000).]

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for backing up my claim. The bottom line is why are we the default blame for everything that goes wrong here? And yes I agree with you after re-thinking that so once again why Acura owners getting hammered?

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by comptechcls:
Thank you for backing up my claim. The bottom line is why are we the default blame for everything that goes wrong here? And yes I agree with you after re-thinking that so once again why Acura owners getting hammered?
It has nothing to do with the direct comparison of the cars. If you've been on the forum for any length of time, you'd know that most of the trolling and bashing comes from people who drive an Acura. Who knows why?

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
591 Posts
I KNOW WHY!!!!

Do I have to say it AGAIN??

Fill In The Blanks J-------Y!!! LOL!!!!!
Please stop Blaming the Fortunate IS300 Owners for your WRONG DECISION in the Purchase of your Bland Acura.
Its NEVER too LATE to TRADE those UGLY CARS..

GeZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! LOL........

Smra.

Proud Owners Of The One & Only IS300

[This message has been edited by smra (edited November 08, 2000).]

·
Registered
591 Posts
Originally posted by geoff:
smra, you are truly an ignorant person.

learn to write, BTW

and control those bold tags, k?
Ignorant?

Laugh Out Loud at geoff, POOR THING

When ALL ELSE Fails resort to your IMMATURE NAME CALLING

So Typical.......

Ya Know Its Really Sad that the
Depression You're NO DOUBT Experiencing
over the Purchase Of Your Big Ugly Acura is really taking its Toll on you.

Please EXIT this Forum and Free us LEXUS OWNERS from your FOUL EXISTENCE Take Your Followers with you...

Thank You.
(BTW,No need to Respond Im Done With You Also)

Smra.

Proud Owners Of The "Covetable" IS300 Sport/Luxo Sedan.

[This message has been edited by smra (edited November 08, 2000).]

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok,

So I mentioned a while ago I was considering this car for my fiancee. Why do you gotta take shots man? I like the car, not for me but It is a nice car.... Now people like you dissing MY car just makes YOU look bad.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Simple. Because it is usually some acura owner who is talking smack. Like the guy who has the Integra GS-R and keeps trying to say it out performs the IS300....please. Everyone on this planet who has knowledge of cars knows that is not true.

·
Registered
1 Posts
smra, i really like your messages....they are complete, informative and very professional looking.

on a side note, my friend likes to think his is300 is fast (but we really know the truth).

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm amazed at how much time this group has... I assumed that most of the people here are:
1) car enthusiasts
2) young professionals (~target market)

As for (1)... stop posting irrelevant thoughts and go drive your car like an enthusiast! (2)I just got done with a project, that's why I'm on here posting. But aren't professionals supposed to be building their careers, trying not to get fired so they can keep up the IS300 payments (or CL, TL, CL-S, whatever?!)

Sorry to rant... but I'm trying to go through the past few days I haven't been on, and all the garbage I have to go through was irritating me.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by DJ:
Sorry to rant... but I'm trying to go through the past few days I haven't been on, and all the garbage I have to go through was irritating me.
Wow, just imagine if I hadn't deleted (rather than locked) all the really garbage posts...

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
86 Posts
a GSR could match up in acceleration given the drivers were equal... at least their 0-60 times are similar... however, top end acceration goes to the IS. (Quote me if I'm wrong) but the IS has much better braking and handling, plus the IS is rear wheel drive. The GSR that competes in acceleration is a manual so it's kinda irrelevant (until the manual IS comes out)
Now the Type R is a different story, its one of the only front wheel drive cars that I have ever driven that is fun as ****.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Black300

The GSR has a 0.84 on the skidpad
The IS300 has a 0.85 on the skidpad

I wouldn't exactly call that a major performance increase in handeling.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Originally posted by comptechcls:
Ok,

So I mentioned a while ago I was considering this car for my fiancee. Why do you gotta take shots man? I like the car, not for me but It is a nice car.... Now people like you dissing MY car just makes YOU look bad.
Are you still angry with me? Most of us don't mind constructive criticism of the IS...they could have done some things different...I really don't care - I love it. Just washed & waxed it this morning damn thing looks incredible.

I think we just ask that people show a little respect when posting here...flame trolling is pretty lame and we as owners have no choice but to counter the claims... would you ignore some one pissing on your leg? No, so why should we as a collective group allow people to come in here and talk $hit and go unchallenged? The next post would go something like" IS Owners are too afraid to defend their cars" All in all we primiarily hate yet tolerate Geoff because he lives in MI and eats Oatmeal, we also hate Doug because he has way too many cars and b1tches....but they are insightful guys with some pretty good knowledge on the automotive world....the true trolls just plain suck and remind me of HS punks that should be beat up and taped to a poll upside down....you know who you are.

I bet if you buy your girlie the IS you'll get some definate vigourous "appreciation" at home...start saving.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Actually C&D performance index at the back of the mag posted the GSR as having a .81g roadholding compared to .85g And it brakes in 183 for the GSR compared to about 140 from 70mph for the IS. 0-60 are about dead even. However the Integra costs about 23,000 msrp.

[This message has been edited by Black300 (edited November 08, 2000).]

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nah, not your Agent Smith, your OK in my book now, at first I thought you were a punk but your cool. Not to counterpoint you but why would you allow or potentially allow someone to post crap about other cars (false information mind you) and get away with it just because they own an IS-300 (SMRA for example). I only jump up and shout when someone pisses on my leg when I am not EVEN involved in the troll wars. If you consider ME a troll then tell me, altough while sarcastic and quick, I am NOT a troll IMO. Some may call me a troll just because I don't own an IS300 but that is just discrimination if I have ever seen it. I think what makes my situation worse is that I own a Type-S but that really should not matter, the cars are not in the same class. Maybe it's because I am in your sandbox but that should not really matter either....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
19 Participants
smra
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing