Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a sale on right now at
www.importpartstrader.com

in the store section

you can buy right then

this kit i think looks great i does not cheapen the inside

this kit is actual metal very thin not a plastic with a thick clearcoat over the top !

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i didn't see any pics? are there any?

suprasport - they make synthetic aluminum?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
pics look good, i wonder if they will have a kit for the manual trans IS ?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Before anyone gets carried away with this stuff and I don't mean to bash Yellow Fighter, read the "Group Discount" Thread before buying any of these kits....

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
SupraSport, you mean plastic right? I don't think you can synthetically make alunimum and keep under the price of aluminum plate?(unless there is some chemical process I don't know of)

That dash does look nice, but does it reflect too much sunlight? Also, do you know if anyone make a real titanium kit?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Originally posted by Daniel:
SupraSport, you mean plastic right? I don't think you can synthetically make alunimum and keep under the price of aluminum plate?(unless there is some chemical process I don't know of)

That dash does look nice, but does it reflect too much sunlight? Also, do you know if anyone make a real titanium kit?
Daniel, read my post in the group discussion under "Group Discount" That guy can make a Titanium kit....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey guys its o.k to be skeptical but these are not synthetic this is real metal.

if you do not like when you get it

you have 30 days to return the kit to get your money back

but i do not think you will

they look that good in person

fell free to ask anymore questions i have been installing these kits at the dealers in my area since the is came out.

i have had no problems or dislikes !

and yes when the 5 speed comes out it will be available for it also

·
Registered
625 Posts
Originally posted by Daniel:

The fake stuff is a photo print of the material, then a epoxy coat is put over it. Not sure why they call it Synthetic, just another name for "fake" is my guess. You can tell if its the real stuff by feeling it, its real metal and not thick epoxy coating all over it. All real metals can not be beveled, just straight cut like the one posted. And damn theres alot of pieces for the IS, they make a 10 piece for my car, the IS has 28.

[This message has been edited by SupraSport (edited November 21, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
So it is like the way they make fake carbon fiber as well. I guess they like to call it "synthetic" so it sounded more technical. BTW, metal can be beveled, just put on a mill (but every tricky since these are just thin Al plates).

·
Registered
625 Posts
Well when I mean all metals, im just talking about dash kit metals. Im sure you can get a customed beveled dash kit if you want to pay extra for thicker pieces of metal.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
oh oops, misunderstood what you said.
Anyway, I would like to know if the reflection from the sun gets bad at all on a sunny day? And does it get really hot? Because I used have Aluminum shift knobs on my Eclipse and it was really difficult to shift when the car is in the sun.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
good question on the reflection

no it will glare but not baddly

if you get one of those kits that have the thick clearcoat on top of it

those kits glare like crazy i use to sell this kits

·
Registered
625 Posts
LOL Im wondering the samething, damn kits are more expensive for my car then yours. I have a aluminum shift knob right now, and I know what your talking about. I get 3rd degree burns in the summer and frost bite in the winter! Im really considering on going back to a regular leather shift knob.

------------------
KP
94 6 speed
BPU

1 - 19 of 19 Posts