Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to find some definitive info on this. I messaged the guys at LinkECU after seeing some info here and there about it to get answers but I'm afraid it wasn't really much help but here is the reply I got.

Our AltezzaLink might work for you, it has a CAN to BEANs converter on it which I'm told works on the is300, but I cannot guarantee that.

I'm also told that the AltezzaLink works on the JZX110 with some work to the wiring, I've seen this myself and it looked like a tidy install, but I know it was something like 20+ changes to the pinout and wiring.
So I was hoping someone here has a little more info or at least where to look as this doesn't do me much good. I am not looking to get huge power out of this as it's my daily. I just want everything to work like it did before the swap. Right now I'm still getting some components for the setup but I at least have it running using the JZX110 ECU ATM.

I am debating on this ECU if I can as it's pretty simple if I can get this working. It's either that or get Tweak'd to make me a harness. The only thing I'm concerned with on that end is while not looking for a standalone as I'm shooting for the 400hp range. Here is what I have so far and what I am getting as well soon enough.

2002 IS300
JZX110 1JZGTE VVTI ETCS-I
JZX110 ECU (still have 2JZGE ECU)
550cc 2JZGTE stock injectors
AEM 340 fuel pump
Stock turbo
HKS actuator upgrade @12psi
BOV mod
3" exhaust with cat & muffler delete
Magnaflow resonater
Restrictor ring for back pressure
Front mount intercooler
W55 transmission
6 puck clutch
Lightweight flywheel
Single piece drive shaft

I added the transmission stuff as I know I need to upgrade but simply can't afford that ATM. I don't beat on this at all. It's also why I'm shooting for 400hp and nothing more for now. I'm trying to just have a fun and reliable daily and nothing more.

I have redone the entire suspension, added coil overs, slotted rotors and EBC padsReplaced all fluids and got some HKS belts for it. Swapped I'm the 2JZGE coil packs as the ones that came with it we're cracked. Some new plugs then a new VVTI solenoid and finally relocated the PS reservoir. I finally took it to go get the alignment, some new rims and some nice Kuhmo tires all the way around.

Now I have a wideband on the way, no boost controller as I'm fine with the 12psi it is running ATM. I am going to be getting a new CT-15B turbo that has been modified with Garret 60-1 internals. When I do I'll get a boost controller and new BOV but I gotta wait a bit but the actuator I have will work with the new turbo once I get it.

Now that I got all the BS out the way. Sorry know it was a bit winded but I feel it's better to give as much info as you can to help aid people with the reply. That and this is my first round with forced induction. In fact I'm totally new to all this but I have been doing my research as much as possible to make this as easy of a process as I can make it. I have been out of work for nearly 8 months now due to an injury and I have been doing this to keep my mind busy till I can get my final surgery.

This leads me to where I am at now. The only gauge that works in the stock cluster is the voltage and fuel gauge. I have installed a temp gauge with sensor when I did the hoses and so forth. So now I'm looking into options for this. Here is what I have found as possible options but I need the stock cluster back and working as well as my AC.

Tweak'd harness running dual ECU's

Wiring in the ECU myself but I really don't want to have issues as the little bit of wiring I had to do to get this up and running drove me insane. As I said this is my first build aside from little stuff like exhaust and so forth. I do most of my own work but when it comes to a build I'm very green and super happy I got this far. Had I of did a bit more research I would have went with a NON-VVTI or JZX100 motor but I'm last this now and for the money once it's done it will be worth it as it was certified as only 80km and great compression test.

And now I have read about this Altezzalink but can't find any good info myself but maybe I'm looking in the wrong places?

Now my car does run a bit rich and I want to get something along the lines of the Greddy E-Manage Ultimate which will suit me fine for what I want but no one around here will attempt a tune with it but I have read they have some presets that should do just fine.

But I did have a shop that said they could tweak it a bit with a SAFC 2 and Boomslang makes a nice PnP harness for this. My worry is can this still be used with dual ECU's? I do believe so and would need to be piggybacked off the 1JZ ECU from what I have been reading but I'm not 100% on this.

I think the SAFC sounds like a good option as I just want to lean it out a bit and can get a nice PnP option with this. It would be a bit of work to install a new harness but I think this can be done. I am waiting on a reply from Tweak'd if I do pay this will the SAFC still be able to use the Boomslang harness or do I need to see what I need to do to get it working.

At this point I was getting a bit overwhelmed to be 100% honest but still feel I can do this with enough time, patience and money though I'm running a bit low on this ATM till I get back to work. I got about $3k still I can put into the build.

This is where I found some vague info about Altezzalink that I can use the same harness as I have pretty much. It's a bit cheaper and can be tweaked from what I have read. Best of all my car should just run with all the stuff like pre-swap. That is where I messaged them and got the reply above so I'm at a loss of what to do or which route is best. Or if there is a better route I'm unaware of that I can't seem to find. That is why I'm here with my super long rant hoping for some info or guidance on how to proceed. I'm tired of it running rich and using my GPS to tell me how fast I'm going not to mention for some odd reason it's still 90 degrees in October where I live so I'm sick of sweating.

Edit

And during my rant I forgot to say why I was debating trying to just splice in the ECU myself over the Tweak'd harness. This is because when I can afford a new transmission the harness would not work without some rewiring. I'm not sure which route I want to go so spending that much to maybe one day upgrade to something a little more beefy seems like a bad idea but the safest route due to not being experienced in this but it doesn't seem to hard from all the videos and guides I have read. Then when I do decide on a transmission when I can afford it get the new harness so everything just plugs right up.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Talk to Xcessive Manufacturing about their Link ECU setup. It has CANBUS programming that allows you to use the one ECU and works the stock dash, also is able to be configured for cruise control. Don't mess around with piggyback BS when you can have something that works perfect from the start.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I have the Link ECU from Xcessive. All my dash gauge works. MPG gauge works but it's not working correctly...gotta figure out how to tweak it. It can maintain cruise control and traction control but I need to setup that too. Haven't had time to play with it but I will in the next couple of months to figure it out. Other than that, the car is running great with the ECU. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have the Link ECU from Xcessive. All my dash gauge works. MPG gauge works but it's not working correctly...gotta figure out how to tweak it. It can maintain cruise control and traction control but I need to setup that too. Haven't had time to play with it but I will in the next couple of months to figure it out. Other than that, the car is running great with the ECU. I highly recommend it.
What fuel pump is installed and do you use the stock hanger?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Link is the guys that sent me this reply and hence why I am asking around here.

Our AltezzaLink might work for you, it has a CAN to BEANs converter on it which I'm told works on the is300, but I cannot guarantee that.
And I was thinking about a piggy back just to help with air/fuel ratio just to lean it out a bit after I got it all running right. But first and foremost the ECU for gauges and air are my priority. This is my first car I have ever wanted to tweak a bit. So are you saying that it works PnP or would some re-wiring be needed??

Edit

Nevermind I was pointed to the wrong ECU. I see this is what I want and will be getting. Thank you so much been digging around for something just like this for a long time

·
Registered
767 Posts
You''ll be using the Link G4 ECU with a jumper harness for the 1JZ to the is300. It should be a direct plug and play to get the car running. To getting all the other stuff like traction control and cruise control and whatever else you want, you have to either get your tuner to add that separately.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts