Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm seraching for the correct set up for the Altezza tv tuner working. Is there any one of you that can tell me the correct gps unit and dvd pairing codes considering I have a 2002 onward car? I also need to know what radio code number is needed having the car the power amplifier. Thank you to all of you that can help me.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I can tell you that the Altezza Nav unit wont work pretty much anywhere else in the world outside of Japan, its different to the US/Euro/Aus/NZ IS300 nav. There are lots of Altezzas here in NZ and they cant be reprogrammed to run here. Its like its hard coded in Japanese and doesnt run off the same software, so you cant just change a CD\DVD to get your maps.

Not sure what you are asking about a radio code number? Do you mean the wiring? Most Altezza's that i know of dont have an OEM amplifier.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Pnut00, I know what you are talking about. I only need to see my altezza tv tuner working and I need to discover where the drivers to pilot it are located. Infact I simulated the entire system by using my Is200 navigation system, but nothing about turning on the tv tuner. I wired it to the screen the same way it's done in the jap Altezza, but nothing again. Then I swapped the euro remote controller with the jap one, but still everything works eccept the tv tuner, so I assume the different controller part number is related to the jap buttons only. I then tried to install the jap radio front coded 10306 super live sound system radio part number 86120-53070, and yet nothing. I made a new attempt adding the Altezza navigation 86841-51030 with two different discs inserted, but still no luck. I have to admit that discs are probably wrong, but the navigation unit works with the european screen, infact I could discover that info menu is in japanese and located in the gps unit while the screen menu is located in the screen itself being in english. Everything else need the dvd to work. In addition everything is correctly present and working in the secret check menu even using the jap navigation unit. Being the tv tuner directly connected to the screen via the fuse box is an evidence that everything needed to have it being recognized it in the systemt is the jap screen and probably the head unit (radio). By the way, how do you tune the tv channels? Is it via radio buttons or the remote controller ones? What is not still clear to me is if exhist a 2001-2005 Altezza model with tv tuner and super live audio system that is to say with external amplifier, and if yes what part number this radio is. Could you send me a video of the tv tuner turning on and working even without any channel tuned? There was a russian brand producing aupgraded tv tuner with backup camera and front camera direct plugin. Substantially I'd need someone who list the part numbers of his entire setup with super live sound system (if exhist) and what model year is the car:
Radio (head unit);
screen (always same number);
remote controller (always same number),
tv tuner (two possible part number);
tv tuner antenna (only one part number);
navigation unit (only one part number but with different subcodes);
dvd part number;
amplifier (only one part number).
Any further information you can give to me is over welcome.
p.s. jap Altezza navigation 2001-2005 had also 3D map!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts