Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to get the horn to work after replacing the IS steering wheel with the Altezza one? It seems that the harness for the cruise control also has the horn attached so when I put the Altezza one on, I lost the use of my horn as well.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
wassup man. The cruise control and the horn are 2 different things. The cruise control is on the wheel. Just unscrew it and attach it to the altezza wheel and plug in the harness. Well atleast thats all i had to do

·
Registered
107 Posts
If u guys dont mind me asking ... where did u purchase the altezza wheel from? Could you through out an approx price range?

Also would it be possible to change just the cover on the wheel, instead of the whole wheel?

Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
i got my wheel for about $120 but i think it retails for about $500. And yes you can change just the cover and not the whole wheel.

·
Registered
378 Posts
goldaltezza808 said:
i got my wheel for about $120 but i think it retails for about $500. And yes you can change just the cover and not the whole wheel.
Couldn't you just replace the Lexus emblem on the airbag cover with the Altezza emblem? Seems like a lot of trouble to change out the entire steering wheel for a 500 yen emblem.... :-?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
IS300TRD, yes you can do that, but the problem is finding someone that sells just the emblem. Seems like the only way to get that emblem would be a hookup in Japan that can dig one up for you.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
or just get the airbag. . . . But then your wheel will still be all black instead of the sides being that greyish silver color

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
goldaltezza808 is right. You can get just the sticker, but it was impossible for me to find someone that would be able to get it for me. Besides as goldaltezza808 said, the wheel itself is two-tone so it is different overall. The steering wheel ran me 150.00 so 120.00 is really good.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
goldaltezza808 said:
wassup man. The cruise control and the horn are 2 different things. The cruise control is on the wheel. Just unscrew it and attach it to the altezza wheel and plug in the harness. Well atleast thats all i had to do
Wait so you have the cruise control from the IS wheel attached to the Altezza wheel? Can you clarify this for me because I would like to get my horn working, but I don't want to pull the cruise control arm from the IS wheel off. I like it better without the cruise control.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
hey sxe-10 the horn should work w/o the cruise control. I just put the cruise control in for the hell of it. But just plug in the harness and it should work. Unless your horn doesnt work?

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
goldaltezza808 said:
hey sxe-10 the horn should work w/o the cruise control. I just put the cruise control in for the hell of it. But just plug in the harness and it should work. Unless your horn doesnt work?
Yeah, my horn doesn't work. My guess was because there really is no harness if I didn't connect the cruise control. There are two clips all together: the yellow one for the airbag, and the cruise control/horn. Since I didn't take the cruise control off the IS steering wheel, I only had one clip. So after that, no more horn. I guess I will have to do some wiring if I wanted it, but I guess it's not that big of a deal. I just thought it was something that would only take me a minute.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LCA575 said:
After shipping my Altezza wheel was like $250!
Did you get yours in yet? Were you able to get your horn working without extra work and without the cruise control?

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
did anyone ever solve this issue??? i ran into the same problem

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
there's a harness that connects to a ground. you keep the OEM one and don't use the Altezza one

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
10 Participants
LO 21
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing