Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, like the title says yes I'm looking for the Altezza radio wiring diagram. Reason for this is that when i tried to hookup my pioneer 7900BT model, the harnass for toyota's I bought at an audio shop simply did not fit right. The width of the pins on the connector are simply to big. Does anyone know exactly which harnass to use for this or does anyone have the radio wiring diagram so I can go old-school on this?

Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok I checked also in the how-to's and search and did find some usefull stuff. 1st the Metra harnass adapter, I can't use it since the pioneer radio i bought, deh-7900bt (single din) does not have rca inputs, only outputs. Is there any other harnass adapter model used for single din radio's out there?

One of the local audio shops i visited did not have a is300 harnass but an es model. The is300 was listed as n/a. And to top things off mine's an altezza! It should be the same part since it's a toyota anyway but googling didn't bring up anything that I can use.

Thanks,
Niels

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Ok I checked also in the how-to's and search and did find some usefull stuff. 1st the Metra harnass adapter, I can't use it since the pioneer radio i bought, deh-7900bt (single din) does not have rca inputs, only outputs. Is there any other harnass adapter model used for single din radio's out there?

One of the local audio shops i visited did not have a is300 harnass but an es model. The is300 was listed as n/a. And to top things off mine's an altezza! It should be the same part since it's a toyota anyway but googling didn't bring up anything that I can use.

Thanks,
Niels
you need rca outputs on your aftermarket radio, not rca inputs.
if you have outputs your good to go, would you happen to be able to take a picture of the harnesses that attaches to the radio, possible to take the radio out and take this picture? it might be different.

·
Registered
48 Posts
what year make and model of car and i'll post wire info and amp location which i think the harness you got goes to the amp harness let me know or pm me

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guys, the car is a model '99 altezza rs200 z-edition. The radio deck has the 6 cd changer and a minidisc player. It does not have navigation or tv, although a tv button is present.

I actually took some pics last night, so I'll post them when I get off work. When opening the glove compartment I do see on the left hand side a grey box that appears to have a amp look.

From a local auto shop i got a adapter, and when test fitting it, the part that fits is for the speakers. The powersource adapter is too small to fit into the car's radio harness.

Thanks,
Niels

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never mind, just gave in to the guys at the car audio shop. Must give them mad props for doing a sweet ass install with the original speakers/wires. Apparently any toyota pocket will fit the OEM double din face place from L-tunedparts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
rs200 stereo

hello guys.

i own a 98 toyota altezza. my factory cd player has been displaying err3 and the cd is stuck in there. i want to change the head unit but want to use the factory amp. can you tell me the harness kit i need to purchase inorder to do so. i've been on a few forums and i've understood that most ppl use that Metra 70-8113 harness kit. however i am from the caribbean and its very frustrating ordering the wrong item. can you also give me the exact website link to purchase this wiring harness.

·
Registered
21 Posts

*The bottom half of this guide is for GPS only

OEM Plug Side - Speakers
RH F + = Green
RH F - = Blue
LH F + = Pink
LH F - = Purple

RH R + = Red
RH R - = White
LH R + = Black