Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
So - in Japan they put Lexus IS grills on Toyota Altezzas and in the US we put Toyota Altezza grills on Lexus IS300s. (Or is this car available in Japan with Lexus badging??)

Terry

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...to my understanding in certain Asian countries some of the Toyotas are sold as Lexus vehicles just like they are in N.America and Europe.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Originally posted by Syndicate:
...you guys need to check out this video I found posted at the Camryman forum, it's pretty sweet, stockIS3 don't look the video contains a highly modified Altezza/IS.

(edited September 06, 2000).]
You see, thats the problem here. That video is AWESOME!! I have NO PROBLEM with that RACE CAR. And thats what it is!! Driven on a Race Track by a Race Car Driver!
The problem with some of you kids is you're
WANNA BE's......
None of you people will EVER have an IS300 like that. Sorry....
But I guess you will RUIN YOUR CAR trying.

Now, mrclam. I bet you think your bimmer 330i and m3 will out run that altezza right??
LOL!!!!!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...the may be driven my professional but it's far from being a race car. I'm sure it could turn some hot laps at an auto x but it still has all of its factory gear (it hasn't been gutted) and look at the rims, they look pretty expensive and I highly doubt any serious racer would subject street rims to that kind of abuse.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Originally posted by mrclam:
stockis3, just so you know, i have major issues with you, you're a freakin' negative element on this site, if you want to go race cars, i'll bring the the M3 ltw....380 hp and 2400 lbs...why don't you kiss my ass.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Originally posted by mrclam:
stockis3, just so you know, i have major issues with you, you're a freakin' negative element on this site,

Gee, who is the negative element here???

maybe I should start a thread call "VOTE! is Mrclam a negative element on this site?" what do you think the result would be you bimmer rice boy?

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
hey, just cause you almost drifted OFF A CLIFF dont' get mad at me

i mean hey, you're the exact type of guy taht stockis3 is telling us about....i mean who is IDIOTIC enough to go to a sports car meet where its basically all porches, supras, and stuff like that with an ACCORD. talking about a wannabe...

[This message has been edited by mrclam (edited September 06, 2000).]

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
also..with stockis3 my problem with him is he thinks young people really odn't know what they're doing...i mean yeah thanks for the heads up but its not always true. comments like the suspension should always be left stock, that's not true either....i mean yes i'll agree that there's a lot o fwannabes out there but i honestly see NOTHING wrong with tasteful mods, they'ren ot ricey until you start putting on supra spoilers or that kind of thing. one thing i would like to say is taht not all young people are idiots, and you shouldn't make generalizations trying to teach them "something about suspensions" when your info is wrong

·
Registered
61 Posts
Children ! ( StockIS3 and mrclam)

Stop the fighting. This forum is meant to be a place were we can share knowledge about the Lexus sports car, it's not a place to flame each other.

It doesn't matter who has the best car, what matter is that the Lexus IS is a great car. It might not the best car around but it's still great.

Would you please be so kind to take your conversation elsewere.

------------------
Best of Regards,
Karl Westman
[email protected]
Stockholm, Sweden

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi,

Regarding the styling of the car in the video:

I think it's a BLitz front under spoiler and Blitz Wheels. I have some pictures of them on my computer, mail me if you want them.

------------------
Best of Regards,
Karl Westman
[email protected]
Stockholm, Sweden

·
Registered
650 Posts
In Thailand they have Lexus and Toyota like here, but the IS is still the Altezza there. The only Lexus i saw there were the LS400 and everything else was GS400-Aristo, RX300-Harrier, and i don't remember seeing the ES300 or the SC400s there. But The GS and RX were under the Toyota badge...Mack

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
10 Participants
MAmornIS
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing