Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all: I just got a hold of the Jan. 1999 issue of Best Motoring VCD. Some of you have already seen this. It's pretty entertaining... It has a bunch of side by side tests like drag races and a course, in which the 2.0L manual Altezza goes up against an Integra type R, BMW 328i (I took some screen grabs of this), an Alfa, an Accord, and so on. It culminates in this huge race, and it includes a graphite grey Altezza and a TRD Altezza. It's pretty neat. An interesting part was when it was holding its own against a 2.5L Turbo Skyline. Here are the screen grabs of one of the drags for your enjoyment. If you want to see anything specifically I'll grab em. Later!

[This message has been edited by Kevin (edited August 26, 2000).]

·
Registered
448 Posts
just wondering where you get your best motoring videos. yours come with subtitles but the ones i've seen come without and i think they are straight from japan.

------------------
Official member of the ClubSi.com So. Cal Fuddrucker and Boba Crews. Westside Represent!
  • 1999 EBP Honda Civic Si
  • AEM CAI
  • DC Ceramic 4-1
  • Greddy EVO Exhaust
  • Eibach Pro-Kits
  • Sprint Camber Kit
  • Razo Carbon Fiber Pedals
  • KYB AGX Adjustable Shocks

[This message has been edited by atomicbombpinoy (edited August 26, 2000).]

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I got that volume on VHS...can you hook me up with a translation (Word, .pdf, whatever)? I would appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
why the Chinese subtitles, bought in Hong Kong maybe? I assume that's the 200 hp Altezza 4 cylinder if it's beating the BMW.

Originally posted by JW:
I got that volume on VHS...can you hook me up with a translation (Word, .pdf, whatever)? I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hey, there is another newer issue of Best Motoring VCD (Aug 00) which is about the Accord Euro-R. It compares with other Type R as well as different versions of Altezza.

Andy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, it says it's the 4 cylinder 210 hp. There's quite a bit of talking in the VCD so I don't know if I could transcribe the whole thing. But here are some excerpts:

"When you see the four doors, you will be reminded that it is a coupe."

"Why is Civic so fast?"

"Danger! It will really crash!"

Originally posted by ckolsen:
why the Chinese subtitles, bought in Hong Kong maybe? I assume that's the 200 hp Altezza 4 cylinder if it's beating the BMW.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts