Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there’s a thread already please post it. Im looking how to re-wire to make the side markers work. And the signals on the Altezza Headlights work as they should. Not blinking rapidly. I want the car to keep working OEM. If they sell complete kits… better. Raulito16.
Automotive parking light Vehicle Hood Car Automotive tire
Automotive parking light Vehicle Hood Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Assuming you mean indicator usually the only reason they blink rapidly is if the bulb is blown.

But going backwards from low current HID to high current halogen will be the issue, pretty sure the wiring will be too small and need replacing with relays added to supply the higher current draw.

Personally being an Altezza owner i still dont see the appeal of going backwards to the 1st gen headlights, i dont like the indicator look of the first gen and the 2nd gen HID are much brighter. Maybe its cause i am old and need the brighter lights all the better to see you with :unsure: :LOL:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol it’s all about taste more than reliability lol. But i finished the work. Did all the wiring, everything working as it should. Except the leveling. Even tho i have no intention on selling the HID stock ones. But i did all the wiring without damaging the stock wirning on the car. Everything is basically plug and play. (I took the picture with the hazard lights on) now im going to do the fender holes for the markers.
Vehicle Tire Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

1 - 7 of 7 Posts