Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K i just got my altezza gauge cluster and it makes a beeping noise while its in reverse. my car is automatic. and below where it shows that the door is open theres an exclamtion mark looking thing thats always on. it doesn't show how much my car is reving and how fast im going anyone know how to fix this problem?

·
Registered
323 Posts
im not 100% abuot this... at all. but when i saw the altezza guage cluster, it had 9000 rpms showing and 180 on the mph... if things add up wont this kinda stuff stop it from working with out car? and if not id be bothered that my car doesnt show me my true redline

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
2001_LeXuS_IS300_19 said:
K i just got my altezza gauge cluster and it makes a beeping noise while its in reverse. my car is automatic. and below where it shows that the door is open theres an exclamtion mark looking thing thats always on. it doesn't show how much my car is reving and how fast im going anyone know how to fix this problem?
Try doing a search for this. A few select people have the altezza gauge cluster.

Personally I wouldn't expect it to be plug and play.
Considering that the altezza world uses a different unit of measurement than we do...as well as a different engine revving to a diff rpm limit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a JDM Altezza gauge cluster in my IS and its working fine (but mine is a 5sp mt and its not a plug and play set up ) i really dont know what the problem would be???. it might be your fuse, check on that .
Heres some pics of JDM cluster on my IS.

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
820 Posts
My guess is that the exclamation symbol has something to do with the parking brake.

This cluster is not entirely plug and play. You might have to change some pins on the back in the wiring harness.

·
Banned
468 Posts
Altezzas beep when they go in reverse. as a matter of fact almost all japanese cars do.

·
Registered
469 Posts
carbon fiber altezza......in your first pic your rpm's are maxed out is that normal......i just put in my cluster this past week and the only thing i find wrong is the true 7'400 rev lim doesnt pick up until 10,000 on this cluster.......i know im not really going that high just was wondering if all the clusters did that.....thanks

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
You better take it easy revving your car like that. ;)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
so the engine is reving stock...but the numbers are bunched together on the jdm face so 8krpm is in the place where 6400rpm used to be...looks good

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
why would u even change out the cluster.....it'll be cheaper and more reasonable just to stick an altezza sticker on it instead

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
lexluger180 said:
why would u even change out the cluster.....it'll be cheaper and more reasonable just to stick an altezza sticker on it instead

Thats the price you gotta pay to be JDM yo! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
469 Posts
no the car is reving 7400 but it is showing 9+........and if you are running show car insurance there is alot of reasons to change clusters........and i love jdm

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
ure running a 7400 redline? tell me truth....it there really any more horsepower hiding up there...? ive heard a 7k redline would get you like 20hp or soemthing?...and ive also heard that rasing it would not do shit??

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
I don't even run a 7400 redline on my car. I'm lowered compression with a standalone.

·
Banned
468 Posts
i redline at over 8k no prob :)
nice pics btw

·
Registered
108 Posts
2001_LeXuS_IS300_19 said:
Does your e-shift still work? despite there the altezza cluster doesn't show the "gear #".

1 - 20 of 28 Posts