Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Altezza front ends. Comes with fenders and hood. Selling for a friend.
Is300 conversation cheap starting at 500. Also have one pair of side skirts. Lmk I can have better pics and exact price for each. 5 fronts available at the moment.
34D6A039-DBA8-4D05-B8CB-EEA60A69FC37.jpeg
5130E995-0E4C-465B-8E5D-C30C5E5C4E9E.jpeg
ECEFA9A0-87FE-4B17-AD02-AC6ED5ABACDB.jpeg
FD6A7C5E-209E-4D2E-B6E3-6B2A7C823F04.jpeg
4B7D2F81-6E0F-4BC8-AAE9-9FCCAAAA7F15.jpeg
C6EC90F9-6700-48A7-AE45-84C330D0E182.jpeg

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
534 Posts
I like to think I’m pretty “jdm” savvy. However from what I gather on the altezza counter part. Is it just different lights that look the same but have black housings? What differentiates the US vs jdm front end?

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
534 Posts
Also if I were to say score a set of lights or a bumper do they direct bolt on?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I like to think I’m pretty “jdm” savvy. However from what I gather on the altezza counter part. Is it just different lights that look the same but have black housings? What differentiates the US vs jdm front end?
Jdm:
headlights turn signal have a different look
fenders have side markers
front bumper does not have side markers
front bumper sticks out less than the usdm counter part due to smaller crash bar

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right. As well the fenders are not exact bolt on to the Usdm headlights if I remember correctly. It can work with a little modification

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
534 Posts
So will the lights bolt up to the us rad support? What about the grilled? Thanks for clearing that up for me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The lights will bolt up to the radiator support and the grill too but the usdm fenders won’t line up to the jdm lights. U would have to mod either the fenders a bit or the lights. If u have the Altezza lights and fenders ull be good.

·
Registered
891 Posts
There are 2 types of JDM headlights.

1st Gen: The ones with the orange stripe indicator lights (1st image above with the white bumper and grill) are 99-01, non HID. Pretty sure I read somewhere this option was not available in the USDM market, but i could be wrong.

2nd Gen: The ones with a clear side indicators (cant quite tell if thats what the last image was) are 2001-2005, with HID. I believe this is also what the USDM market got, not sure if your indicators glow orange but the JDM do.

I am not 100% sure but i believe there were different options apparently for the back of the housings, not sure if it was just the 2nd gen HID or all version. Default was normal chrome, but they also came in a shadow chrome and i think black as well. Most of the guys over here in NZ wanting a different look for their chrome headlights have heated them in the oven to soften the glue, separated the front and rear casing and then painted all but the reflective surface black, and then resealed them. Here the reflective surface must be able to reflect the light so the output is not diminished or it wont pass annual inspection. You can buy different non OEM headlights of course but they tend to be a bit more expensive down under.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts