Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just home from the "track" which is a private unlevel road with a slight bend but hey...its all we got for now :lol:

Mods : Blitz Nur spec, decat, ebay intake and a home made grounding kit. I also ran with my sub box and amps in which is about 150-175lbs of added weight.

This was my first time drag racing so i hope the times werent that bad.

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
Doesn't the altezza come wth 210 bhp and weigh in the neighbor hood of 2800lbs?
That combo should equal a high 14 second car especially with the close ratio six speed tranny. But your 60ft time is bad 2.3 ouch if you could get it to like 1.9 at least you'll notice a much better time.

HKS Carb-Ti Exhaust, OBX Headers/Race Pipe, SRT Intake w/ Race ECU, Teck Grounding Kit(Blue), PLP Gen II Heatshield, PLP Vented Radiator Panel, PLP Short Shifter, JDM Altezza Antenna, JDM Altezza Leather Shift Knob, H&R Lowering Springs (1.5" drop all around),Cross-Drilled/Slotted Rotors (all around), Stand Alone Fog Mod, High Power DRL Mod, 2 10" JL Audio Subs + Alpine V series amp.....more to come

"Friends don't let friends drive stock!"

Turbo.........The Final Frontier!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mine ran a [email protected] when I first got it stock stock (on 98 octane gas).

I've heard aftermarket pods mess up the A/F ratio? Could that have been a factor possibly? I was advised to get a drop-in panel filter and its bloody awsome.

Anyone else ran a 1/4mile in a stock/near stock Altezza?

·
Registered
81 Posts
HolocaustOfThought said:
15.31 with stock everything, on 93 octane, with a 2.1 60 foot. not bad, eh?
Yeah thats awsome too, roughly same as mine except difference of 6 octane in gas :p .
Want to take mine for another run after my Apex-i filter and decat. Not spending too much money on performance for my car (till a later date :rolleyes:

·
Registered
81 Posts
island_altezza said:
Whats up, I am trying to locate a cold air/intake system for the Altezza, know where I can get one?
Go with drop-in filters for the stock intake box. Not as loud but many people including myself from AltezzaClub NZ rekon it's way better.

There have been many A/F ratio problems with pod filters, although not all people have problems with it. Will try and find the post from ACNZ and post the link here :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.