Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has been asked before, so I'm sorry if it has.
O.K, if the IS was sold here as the Toyota Alteza meaning no Lexus model but had the same IS engine, features, etc would u have bought/considered this car??

------------------
00 SE ALTIMA W/LTHR, 5SPD
CAI INTAKE and STUFF
18" GIOVANNA BARLETTA W/225/35

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
yeah I would still buy it if its the same price

the word Lexus doesn't mean crap to me. I care more about the styling, comfort, and reliability.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
it wouldn't matter to me neither. i have a "toyota" supra...so i wouldn't mind a "toyota" altezza either. although, i'd rather go to a "lexus" dealership rather than a "toyota" dealership. the ppl at the lexus dealership seem much more helpful and personable.

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra
86 Corolla GTS (AE86)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Very true, lexus dealers have great service. Defnintely better than a toyota one. But other than that the name doesnt mean anything to me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i'd actually prefer the name altezza though.. i dunno.. it has a better ring to it... sounds more attractive to me than IS..

actually thinking about getting rid of my lexus badge and replacing it with the "altezza" that they have in japan.. along with the grille of course..

i just think that since altezza was the name it was born with.. altezza it shall be called...

CYL
2001 IS300
Graphite Grey..

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
possibly but lexus has to stick with their naming structure, just like how honda is changing "integra" ot something else to match the rest of acura's lineup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
mrclam
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing