Lexus IS Forum banner

Alternator

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  homedepotmade 
#1 · (Edited)
Just curious, has anyone ever had to replace the alternator in this car? Mine has 180k, still the factory one, bought mine new. What are your miles on replacement?

#2 ·
That's one thing I haven't heard people having to replace on our cars really ever yet. Curious to see as well.

#3 ·
I've pulled mine out to have tested several times but our Denso alt is built like a tank and has no set interval or mileage when it should be replaced. It gets replaced when you pull it after suspecting problems and ONLY after it fails at least 2 or 3 free bench tests. Otherwise it never needs replaced. See the charging diagnostic DIY if you are experiencing problems.

#5 ·
Thanks for the input everyone, in addition to the original alt, I also have the other same accessories as well ( power steering pump, starter, and radiator, etc) Basically, mine is exactly the same as I bought it, minus the regular stuff.. (fluid changes/flushes, timing belt/water pump, brakes). The only thing was a rack and pinion replacement for me. Also, I live in Arizona, and mine is a 2003, I never had the melting dash problem, and it has been kept un-garaged for half of it's life, never heard of that issue until I signed on here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.