Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IF you guys are getting fed up here, like I See you are.... You can always use the forums on LExotic Concepts (since we all are friends)

Dan will be redesigning the site in the next few weeks, but the forum seems to run fine.

I dont understand why the Birthday Thread got locked? I know its the rules, but seems pretty stupid Nate. It was just a Birthday .net get together thread?

I was looking for that thread to tell her how nice it was to have finally met her last night.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
yeah it was moved, along with the other bday threads i started...understandable cause its the rules...i dont think anyone realizes the freindships that this website has created, and how close all teh NE guys are. i guess unless youre one of us, you wouldnt know....

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
and i second the use of the lexotic forums....whenever im on, im all alone, i hear crickets chirping....everyone feel free to start hanging out in there.

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just created a new NorthEast forum....so you all dont have to break any old habits! Feel free And my rules are less stringent.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
BigDaddyRich said:
I just created a new NorthEast forum....so you all dont have to break any old habits! Feel free And my rules are less stringent.

thanks Rich....hopefully, godwilling, a true North-east (NY./NJ) guy will soon be another mod for this forum as well....its been long overdue

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
I'm looking at revising (or at least clarifying) the rules for regional forums. It is somewhat of a gray area.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
webmaster said:
I'm looking at revising (or at least clarifying) the rules for regional forums. It is somewhat of a gray area.
Tony, as you can see, many people are unhappy in here, please refer to my email and possibly do something....thank you

·
13,978 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
Tony, as you can see, many people are unhappy in here, please refer to my email and possibly do something....thank you

awww...are you mad cuz you got demodded? :rolleyes: i'm here to keep the peace and follow the rules. if the rules change, by all means i'll leave all your bday threads in here. why do all of you have pms today?

·
13,978 Posts
awesome. congratulations for creating another crapstorm of a thread and getting it locked. typical!

if you guys have a problem, you're welcome to PM me.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
SINCE YOU KEEP DELETING MY RESPONSE, i'll post it again!

Oneeyejack, I'm not mad at not being a moderator anymore...quite the contrary

kinda disgusted and saddened to see ur lack of caring for the north-east forum. all you do is post in the PL....we dont want a moderator like that for our forum. we are a family in here and have had some really excellent meets and get togethers lately....I thought you were a nice guy when you came down to NY for tobay 2 years ago, and had dinner at PF Changs...do you remember that? what happened to that version of urself? you arent the same person dude...I dont know how the hell you even became a moderator in this forum...you would be better suited to the PL since that is where you spend the majority of your time on this forum anyway

you havent been keeping any peace in here, everyone has been following the rules.....I dont know what the hell you are talking about...STOP THE LOCKS AND LET THE MEMBERS SPEAK THEIR MINDS AND DONT SUPRESS THAT!

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
I think this thread should stay open for DISCUSSION. I'd like to hear what you guys think a regional forum should be.

oneeyejack, thanks for sticking to the letter of the law.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
webmaster said:
I think this thread should stay open for DISCUSSION. I'd like to hear what you guys think a regional forum should be.

I think he's been way out of line and deleted threads posted by members like whitetezza speaking his mind

·
13,978 Posts
you wanna talk about the way i mod, bring it to the PL or to pm's. i don't have any problems with you calling me out.

i'm deleting things that aren't approriate which shouldn't be said in here anyway.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
webmaster said:

Thank you Tony. Meeting you in Lexfest is one of reasons why i chosed to become a supporter of .net. You unlocking this just shows that i made the right move.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
oneeyejack said:
you wanna talk about the way i mod, bring it to the PL or to pm's. i don't have any problems with you calling me out.

i'm deleting things that aren't approriate which shouldn't be said in here anyway.
dude, no, this is about the NORTH-EAST forum, and we shall discuss it openly and in front of everyone, not in any other off topic forum...this is about THIS COMMUNITY IN HERE.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Before my thread was rudely deleted and disrespected... I will post again.

As a member of this fine community of IS enthusiast for 4 yrs and from witnessing such events as Lexfest and meeting people from other regions that are on this forum, creating those friendships when we do have meets and continuing those relationships on the forums should be the purpose of the regional forums besides just informational, and event posting. My main posts and contribution to this community is through building the relationships of my fellow .netters in the Northeast helping them from a personal and automotive standpoint. As you can see the Northeast has grown into a real community of friends and fellow enthusiasts that support each other no matter what. Yes we all know there are rules to be followed on the boards but such actions taken from last night were very rude, uncalled for and most importantly unwelcoming to members who are on this board/forum.

Now the NE has had its share of drama on the forums, moderator changes, beef, bans and what have you. But honestly we as a community shouldnt have to be treated as such when it comes to locking of posts when it concerns members of this group, car related or not.

This IS a public forum rules or not. And if I want to post something that is for my fellow Northeast friends then that is my business and the business for those concerned/involved and those who want to chime in on what they have to say. If I want the help of a fellow member from the NE the I should be free to post that, car related or not. If I want to wish a member of the NE a happy birthday or post a personal concern I should be able to. If i get flamed by it thats the risk you take but I should be free to do so.

I have no beef with any moderators and if they feel that they should warn me or ban me for what I have to say then to hell with them and this site. I dont need a forum to keep my relations with people. And honestly and I have no ill feelings to the moderator of the NE and I respect the job he's doing but as a member of the NE I would be much more comfortable knowing who's moderating and would have more respect if that person knew who we are or at the very least join in the conversation instead of in the hallway with a whistle yelling and policing people for not staying on the "right side" walking down the hallway.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts